“Great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fort Bragg

You added Motel 6 Fort Bragg to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fort Bragg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 S Main Street, Fort Bragg, CA 95437 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites Tradewinds)   |
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Sheridan
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

This was the cleanest Motel 6 I have stayed in in a long time. Everything we needed was delivered promptly, by very a friendly staff. Restaurant and bar on site were great. Would diffinately stay there agaiin.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Omie B, General Manager at Motel 6 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a reveiw. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback in regards to my team and the service you received . I will share your comments with the team. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Fort Bragg.
Omie Behrns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Overall, my experience here was great! The room was really clean and the beds were quite comfortable. Omie and her staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. I was by myself and a little nervous about sleeping in a hotel, but the employees made me feel comfortable and safe. I highly suggest this hotel for anyone traveling through or visiting Fort Bragg!

• Stayed April 2014
Omie B, General Manager at Motel 6 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit to Fort Bragg. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us . It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback . I will share your comments with the team!!. We look forward too seeing you again on your next visit to Fort Bragg.
Davis, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We headed to Fort Bragg for a quick spur-of-the-moment weekend, and decided to do ti on the cheap. We drove across the country last year, so I felt that I was familiar with what inexpensive motels offered. Despite that, this location was incredibly disappointing. There was no free wi-fi or complimentary breakfast (which has become fairly standard at this point) but that was hardly the worst aspect of this stay.

I don't know it for a fact, but it seemed liked this was a popular hotel for workers in the area to stay in long-term. There was lots of coming-and-going, and groups of men hanging out in the parking lot. The room next to us routinely had the door propped open with the security lock, and we heard people coming and going well into the night. Again, I do not know what was going on, but it certainly seemed like someone could have been selling something out of that room.

In addition, the walls are extremely thin. We could hear entire conversations (and more) from our neighbors.

It's technically within walking distance of downtown, but it's an ugly walk. If you'd rather not use your car while you are in town, pay a little bit more to be closer to either the town or the shore.

All in all, I won't be staying at this location in Fort Bragg again. There are better properties for the money.

(note: tripadvisor shows that 1-star means 'terrible'. I'm not sure I would say this stay was terrible, but it was significantly worse than the stays that I have rated 2-stars, so I had to make it 1-star)

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,
I am sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations for a hotel. We do try to please all our guests. Motel 6 unfortunatly does not offer breakfast we do however offer free coffee in our lobby. We also DO offer free wi fi. I am so sorry if you were unable to connect at the time of your visit. I am in hopes that you would have considered this to have been an isolated incident and conside staying with us agin on your next visit toFort Bragg. Please feel free to contact me personally so I may ensure you have a pleasant stay.
Sincerely
Marsh Harbour, Great Abaco Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Spent one night here in April. Place was clean, bathroom was quite large, beds comfy. For the $55 I paid thru hotels.com, it was well worth it. I would definitely stay here again, if I was passing thru Fort Bragg.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Omie B, General Manager at Motel 6 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Guest ,
Thank you for taking the time to review Motel 6 Fort Bragg. It was nice to hear you enjoyed your stay. It is always a pleasure to hear positive feedback. I will share your comments with my team
and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Fort Bragg.
Washougal, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Where do I start? At check in I learned that the pool was closed for painting. I complained and was given a slight discount (only reason I booked the at Motel 6 is my 9 and 6 year old wanted to swim in the indoor pool). I was told it would be open the next day (Fri).

Room was filthy. Carpet was so gross it turned white socks black. Bathroom tile had debris and hair on it (entire bathroom was tiled). Smoke detector was missing cover and battery. Possible fire code violation. Dirt or ash on top of tv cabinet (not just a little bit, a lot)! Holes in one of the bed comforters.

First night (Thurs) went okay. Seemed like some people were living at the motel (construction workers maybe) and they could be seen walking around drinking beer. Loud people talking at night in the parking lot and knocking on doors of friends. Not a huge issue, just an observation.

Friday arrived and I learned the pool would be closed another day and open on Saturday. Needless to say, my kids were disappointed. Friday night is the kicker! Live band at bar that was so loud the walls vibrated. At 2am the torture stopped, but then lots of yelling started in the parking lot. Dogs started barking. Police sirens and five patrol cars arrived to stop a fight that was happening. I finally fell a sleep at 3:30am.

Saturday morning I spoke with other guests who were leaving early and learned that the motel was giving refunds due to what had occurred that night. I took them up on that and left one day early.

I found the place to be run down, dirty, and there was a "creepy" element to the people I saw wandering around in the parking lot area during the day. The food at the nearby restaurant was overpriced and terrible. Overall the worst motel stay of my life. I will never stay at a Motel 6 again due to this experience.

I want to add that this could be an outstanding motel. I worked there in the early 80's when it was Tradewinds Lodge. It is in a great location in the center of town. If the rooms were updated and made modern, cleaned correctly and if the restaurant/bar were run well this could be an outstanding place to say. I am sorry to say that as it is right now, any place in Fort Bragg would most likely be better.

Room Tip: My tip would be not to stay at this motel until major upgrades to both the rooms and how they are cl...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Omie B, General Manager at Motel 6 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 Fort Bragg. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies in regards to the pool we had to do some very necessary repairs. We are looking at getting a total remodel of our entire property coming soon. In regards to the noise from the bar I am in hopes that you would have considered this to have been an isolated incident and give us a chance to better serve you on your next visit to Fort Bragg.
Sunshine Coast, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

what with arriving later, lots of vacancy in this off-season, and taking advantage of discounts we ended up paying less than $50 for the night. this is a pretty basic 2 star motel. we had a good night sleep and left in the morning refreshed. so, very good bang-for-the buck. for a traveller just passing through, hard to find better value i think.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Omie B, General Manager at Motel 6 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fort Bragg Motel6,
I am so happy to hear you had a great stay. We are looking at getting a total remodel of our entire property coming next year and are in hopes to see you again on your next visit to Fort Bragg. Till then we will leave the light on for you!!
Omie B
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We moved to fort Bragg and had to stay at a motel until we found a place which wound up being almost a month....the staff was amazing became great friends to us we had an awesome room for my husband myself and our four children,they went way beyond what their jobs required. Omie the manager and Tina were so good to us and helped us more than we could have ever asked for,we will be forever grateful to all the staff and would recommend this motel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013
Omie B, General Manager at Motel 6 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Richard and Leann,
It was great having you at our property. We are so glad we could help out you and your family with a safe clean affordable place to stay while you found houseing for you and your family.
Thank you for sharing your comments I will pass it on to the team. We are always here for you
and will leave the light on for you.
Omie Behrns

Been to Motel 6 Fort Bragg? Share your experiences!