“Loved The Emerald Dolphin!” 5 of 5 stars

Elf Special - 25% Off!
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Fort Bragg
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved The Emerald Dolphin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2006

I come to Fort Bragg often and the only place I stay is at the Emerald Dolphin. It's immaculate and very comfortable. Loved the location to the ocean and mini golf next door. Friendly and helpful staff. They DO ALWAYS help with any requests I have. I would tell anyone coming to Fort Bragg or Mendocino that many higher priced places are overrated- this is affordable and I appreciate the service I always receive from Kim & David.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2006

I was recommended the Emerald Dolphin Inn for the weekend. I stayed two nights with my two children and my husband. It was the worst experience with the toilet in the bathroom. We had to call for service with a problem with the toilet not flushing. The first time we called there was no one available to take care of the matter. But a representatives from the hotel send us a plunger. This was not our job. We had to use the plunger every time we wanted the toilet to flush. The next morning we spoke with Kim one of the owners from the hotel. Kim told my husband, that her husband, David was going to be in late that day. But that he would look at the problem. We called again that same day. No one was available to fix the problem. When we checked out the next morning. We spoke with David, one the owner's who mentioned that he had checked the toilet and there was no problem. We did not even know that someone went in to check the toilet. That same night the toilet was over flooded. We had to use the plunger which was not a good experience to have to see the excrement floating in the water. I was very disappointed. If the owner's were unable to fix the problem. The owner's should of moved us to another room. We paid our stay there. And we believed we overpaid. Knowing that the toilet was not in good standing.

My advise to anyone who plans to stay in the "Emerald Dolphin Inn" should make sure the the owner's have the room in good standing. It's not fair to have to go through this.

EDIFortBragg, Management at Emerald Dolphin Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2009
Guest rooms are checked frequently to ensure everything is in working order, but no amount of maintenance can solve the matter of too much paper (or innapropriate items) placed in a commode. We are fortunate that this is not a common problem with our Inn, but in this case an innapropriate item had been discarded and of course we were not aware of it until major investigation was done.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2005

I stayed here in March 2005. After not being able to find anything for less than $150 a night in Mendocino, Fort Bragg was my next-best option. The Emerald Dolphin Inn was new, clean, very reasonably priced, and the staff members were friendly. There isn't anything to do right around the inn but there were some interesting shops and restaurants about two miles up the road.

Our room was perfectly comfortable with a king-sized bed. Next time though, I will ask for a non-smoking room.

They serve a nice continental breakfast and there is a McDonald's right across the street.

• Stayed March 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2005

This was by far one of the best motels I have ever stayed in. It was clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the shower head provided plenty of water. To the reviewer before me the mini golf course opened Aug. 5, 2005, and if they would have checked the website or gave the motel a call they would have found this out. My stay was extremely enjoyable and QUIET at this motel and i would recommend it to any one.

• Stayed August 2005
Lewisville, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2005

My family and I stayed at this hotel in July and were very disappointed.
We booked the hotel back in January and at that time the website mentioned a beautiful 18 hole miniature golf course that would be completed in summer 2005. Imagine our disappointment when we arrived to find construction had just barely begun on the golf course! Worse yet, our room was directly across from the construction. The inn does not have air conditioning, so we were forced to leave our windows open and had to endure the noise of the loud construction equipment. The rooms are clean, and you can walk to the beach.
But the walk is about a half mile down a narrow road and there are no sidewalks. Moreover, when we received our bill from our credit card company, it showed an extra $25 charge. When we called the hotel to inquire about the charge, they told us it was for an ironing board that we damaged. We never even got the ironing board out. All in all, this hotel did not live up to its promotion on its website. We will not be returning.

• Stayed July 2005
Arvada, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2005

We found the Emerald Dolphin to be VERY clean and comfortable, and nicely furnished. The surrounding grounds were torn up as they are doing some construction, but that did not bother us for our one night stay.
There was a distant view of the ocean.
The room had a microwave, coffeepot and sm refrigerator.
They offer a free continental breakfast.
Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed June 2005
Burlington, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2005

As a frequent business traveller, I get to stay at my share of hotels in the N. California area. Having just been through Ft. Bragg, CA., the Emerald Dolphin hotel gets an A in my book. A newer hotel with about 40 rooms, the staff was friendly and the room was clean and comfortable, rate about $50.00 for single/queen. I'll stay there on future trips. Starbucks Coffee is about 1/2 mile away.

Been to Emerald Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!