“Cozy n comfy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Oroville, California
“Cozy n comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean rooms n friendly staff. Rates are competitive. They are also pet friendly for a small fee, and they don't have size limit or breed restrictions. I would stay here again. We didn't try their cafe or spa services. But they do have a hot tub that we used.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
roseville ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Enjoyed our 3 night stay. Room was clean, King bed was comfortable. Owner was friendly and helpful. Bragg California is the 5 star part of this review. Whale watching , alot of whales, on the harbour look out. Golf 10 miles down the coast overlooking the ocean. Tide pooling ,shell and driftwood collecting were great fun. The sunset over the ocean was memorable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My fiancé and I came here because of an offer on Living Social. It's in a great spot near downtown Fort Bragg. When we first got there we were greeted by the owner who was incredibly nice. She even called to see how we were doing on the second day of our stay. We decided to have some herbal tea with her that afternoon - the tea was delicious and her company was pleasant. The room wasn't anything special, but it certainly wasn't terrible. It was clean and the heater kept us very warm. We would definitely like to come back and stay again (hopefully their restaurant will be open then because the food looked delicious). I absolutely recommend staying here if you're not the high maintenance type who go on trips just for the hotels. Fort Bragg is a beautiful city and the Coast Inn was a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

After a leisurely trip through several states and thousands of kilometers this is the one that made me put that pedal to the metal and head for home. This was the first night on my journey that I truly felt unsafe and quite frankly - creeped right out. I arrived in fort Bragg after a long day of exploring. I was tired and pulled into the first place that looked decent. After the lady took my money - over $100 - she told me she had a very, very special room just for me. It was a therapeutic, earthy room for detox. It was creepy as F but she had my money. I go into the room and the smell of mold is atrocious. It is overwhelming and so disgusting. I open the windows hoping to air the place out while I'm out having supper. I go ask the lady if she could recommend a restaurant. She tells me that I wouldn't be able to afford anything in the area and directs me to go to the food court at the mall! Anyways - I find my own nice restaurant - and tell myself it's only one night. I'm sure one night of breathing in that toxic mold won't kill me. I get back to the stinky room and get under the covers and this is when I have the WORST hotel experience EVER. The bed is full of sand! And hadn't been cleaned since the last person! GAWD it was horrible. In hindsight I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe it was because it was late, dark, I was young and alone, so far from home - I didn't pack up for the nearest Best Western or Holiday Inn. Too scared at this point! Instead I put on sweatpants, socks, a hooded jacket and imagined the hot surfer that might have been sleeping in the bed before me. I was up long before the crack of dawn. I never felt better to get out of anyplace in my life! I only spent two more nights on the road after this place. It kind of ruined my roadtrip. Please don't stay here!

• Stayed August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

During the one night that I stayed at the Coastal Inn and Spa, I killed 10 flys and two ants in my room - in January. The room was okay and appeared clean, but the fly issue was really distressing. I looked at the spa and was turned off by bird droppings on the redwood surrounding the spa. The bed was okay, but the pillows were terrible. It is not really a spa, although they offer massage, but it seemed to be geared to healing arts. The pictures are not representational.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Our stay at Coast Inn and Spa was the one lodging disappointment of a two week trip on the California coast. While other locales we booked off the internet may not have been wonderful, none was as unpleasant as this. The room was awkwardly arranged - a small area for the bed in front, then a narrow table down a narrow hallway back to the bath. The refrigerator was not working, and the mass of electrical cords and power strips behind it and the tv made it difficult to tell if it had power; we did get it to come on but it was off when we returned later. The old, damaged formica counters and chipped bath tile seemed to be decades old. I braved a shower, though my partner would not step foot in the bathroom because it was so disgusting. We did peak into the neighboring unit which looked like it had been updated. Going back online, I found that its price was much more than ours - guess you get what you pay for, though our rate was not that low, and the rate for the updated room was well higher than anything else in town. Gross.

Room Tip: Rooms vary greatly in quality and price. Hard to tell by pictures on the pleasant website.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Colors don't matter when staying a few nights in a hotel: what matters is the good energy the clay wall causes. Our room was extremely clean and odor free. The mini fridge was silent. It was a delight to sit in the morning sun near the room door in the patio chair. We arranged ahead of time for an excellent lunch made from organic produce from the on-site garden. We hope to be able to stay here long-term next year as we were made to feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Rooms with clay walls will give you a good nights' sleep.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Coast Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!