“Clean and with a view” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Fortuna, ca
“Clean and with a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed on the 3rd floor in a spa room. The view looks over boats leaving the river into the ocean. Very pretty view. The people at the front desk were very friendly. Be aware that there are many steps to climb to get to the 3rd floor with luggage. The first floor is actually a few steps down. The spa sits by the window and has curtains. There is a fireplace next to the spa. They leave you a continental breakfast in the refrigerator with muffin, scone and crescent. Plus two juices. We also discovered two chocolates from Sees--that was a sweet touch. The room was clean and they left plenty of towels. I will say that the furniture is a little outdated. The sofa was old and not firm any more so it was very hard to get out of. The restaurant is across the bridge but you can walk to it. They is a fog horn sounding every few seconds. The sound did not bother us at all, but it could be a problem for some. I would say just close the sliding glass door and that will help. Something to be aware of is when out on the deck, your conversation can easily be heard in the next room if that rooms sliding door is open. There is a wood divider that does not go all the way to the ground on the deck. The deck has two chairs to sit on to enjoy the view. All in all it was a nice place to stay, but for the money I would come here during the week when it is cheaper.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jillybeanpink

Yuba City, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Wife and I stayed again for our 31 wedding anniversary and I cannot say just how pleased we were. The room was absolutely great. We stayed on the 3rd floor and every evening we made sure we were in the jacuzzi before the sunset so we could watch it from our room. Yes, the jacuzzi is located right below the window that looks out over the ocean. There is also a nice gas fireplace at the end of the jacuzzi. It was nice to relax in the jacuzzi with a glass of wine and watch the sun set into the ocean. The room has a nice king size bed. Everyday our room was spotless and there was a tray of fruit and pastry in the fridge along with juice and water. Newspaper delivered at your door every morning when you woke up. It was very relaxing and soothing to listen to the ocean and the sound of the fog horn, one cold not ask for a more relaxing stay.

The hotel staff are very friendly and will go out of their way to assist you with any questions about the Fort Bragg area as well as make any dinner or trip reservations. This hotel cannot be beat and it will be the wife and I place to stay on every trip we make to Fort Bragg. We look forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: You should request to stay in one of the rooms on the 3rd floor it is great if you want a nice roman...
3 Thank KeithYubaCity_Ca
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

My husband and I have travelled widely in the U.S. and feel this must be one of the best hotel experiences ever. We stayed in a king room with fireplace. Every aspect of your stay is enjoyable, from the breathtaking panoramic ocean views to the continental breakfast and water and juices in the refrigerator each day. Extra touches are the luxurious robes and daily newspaper at your door. We plan to visit again as soon as we can!

Room Tip: The higher floor would be best. However, all rooms appear to have panoramic views.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travellers230
Kentfield, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We last stayed at the North Cliff Hotel in the fall of 2011. We love to go there in the spring and fall each year to capture the essence of the rugged north coast. We enjoy watching the fishing and Coast Guard boats coming and going on the Noyo River, strolling the streets of Ft. Bragg and eating at the North Cliff House. The rooms of the hotel are large, very nicely appointed and have the great view of the ocean. The staff is to be commended for the care it takes of its guests, including the freshly baked cookies that welcome you when you arrive. Can't wait to make our trek there soon, for our springtime visit.

Room Tip: We love the third floor. Since there is no elevator, you have to consider that for yourself as a mo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Princeton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Love love love!!! The view is awesome from the balcony. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Yes there is a fog horn but what do expect when you stay at a hotel on the mouth of the harbor, after a few minutes we didn't even notice it anymore. The breakfast was great. We loved everything about this hotel and will be back!

Turlock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Best hotel in Fort Bragg with the best views. Warm yourself by the fire, watch the boats leave while reading your free SF Chronicle and sip your coffee in the morning as I did. To say I enjoyed my weekend at The North Cliff would not capture the complete emotion. I LOVED my stay. Extra pillows, Bath & Body Works products, CLEAN, CLEAN room, excellent service, perfect views, great balcony, terrific breakfast tray - I can't say enough.
One evening I was worried, because I heard a young child (maybe a toddler) on the balcony next door. I thought I would hear this ALL night. That was the last I heard of him/her. The rooms are quiet to say the least.
We stayed on the top floor as I read reviews recommending to do so. It was perfect. No noise, no street noise, no obstructed views.

Room Tip: Can only say top floor king suite, because that is where we stayed. :o)
1 Thank cinnord
Union City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We had a great time and didn't notice any outside noise. I would happily live in Room 302. It was beautiful and the balcony was great. I had coffee outside and listened to the ocean each morning. We enjoyed having a microwave and refrigerator. The snacks were fun. The restaurant was nice, too and had a great early bird special. I would definitely recommend this place.

1 Thank pandj_81
#6 of 22 in Fort Bragg
4.0 of 5 stars 217 reviews
The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach
Holiday Inn Express Fort Bragg

Been to North Cliff Hotel? Share your experiences!