“Pricey but tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Santa Maria, California
“Pricey but tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We arrived when Eggheads opened in the morning, based on reviews mentioning a crowd. We were seated immediately. My daughter had the Kansas cakes - cornmeal pancakes with huckleberries, they were light and fluffy and sweet enough to eat without syrup. I had one of the many benedicts offered, mine had crab meat. It was tasty, the hollandaise sauce was rich but not extraordinary. The restaurant is decorated in a Wizard of Oz theme, but the decor seems a bit tired. Here's the caveat - breakfast for 2, one coffee and no juice, with tip was $40.00. So it was good for a one-time vacation visit, but based on the price it wouldn't be a place I would frequent if I lived in the area.

Visited June 2014

Sutter Creek, California
“Trip down the Yellow Brick Road”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Eggs were very good, wide selection, the price was a little high. The tip to the bathroom was a trip.Check this place out it fun

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Get there early!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Spent the night in Fort Bragg as we continue down the PCH. Up and at Eggheads by 8. Got the last table and then the line backed up out the door. Quirky, Wizard of Oz theme but the service and food terrific. Dungeness crab benedicts and omelets. The bacon, avocado omelet was great. Great service. Just good food and fun.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Reno, Nevada
“Overall good food & service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Just a bit pricey for my tastes but everything was fresh, good & NOT greasy (which is a plus at breakfast joints). I tried an omelet with a side of their Hollandaise sauce (other reviewers raved about). Service was fast, food was really well prepared (decent portions - and I ate everything :-). The sauce was different (not what I expected but OK - I may try and make something like it at home). It reminded me of a cross between Hollandaise sauce & Hispanic sour cream. A little on the light side but overall tasty enough. I gave it a 4 of 5 because although it didn't knock me out as a place to eat, I was well satisfied overall. A cut above the average for sure

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Guys Mills, Pennsylvania, Usa
“Great Food & Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

There were eight people in our group and everyone had something different to eat. The food was delicious. The waiter was wonderful. The owner came to talk with us. She said we had to be sure to visit the Emerald City. Be sure to do this. I won't tell you about it because it would spoil the fun. We had a great time. We located this restaurant by talking with a local resident on a street corner. She didn't stear us wrong.

Visited May 2014