“Great for lunch or dinner!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Fort Bragg, California
“Great for lunch or dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Their ales are excellent. One of our party ordered the Calamari Steak and was kind enough to let us sample it. I wished I had ordered it instead of my Caesar Salad, even though it was quite good too. Tender, melt in your mouth and with a delicious sauce, you can't go wrong with this selection. Garlic waffle fries were awesome too. This is one of my favorite Fort Bragg places to eat and imbibe! Oh, and service was also top notch.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Not really good food & beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner at this restaurant. The service was friendly and the portions big. Just neither the food nor the beer was good. I had a seafood pasta, not really tasty. The beer was bad as well. Can't recommend this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Ramon, California
“USED to be my favorite restaurant in Fort Bragg”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our family loves visiting Mendocino/Fort Bragg area and for the past couple of years we have tried to visit at least once a year. NCBC used to be my favorite restaurant in this area because the beer is Excellent and the food and service were OK. However, this last trip totally changed my mind. We get there and since we had a large lunch decide to order only beer and a couple of salads, a sandwich for our son and steamed clam for an appetizer. The clams here used to be really good but each year they have shrunk the portions and this last time we probably had around 10 in a bowl. The quality was not as good as always and for $14 this appetizer is bit pricey for what you get. The beers arrive and before I had a chance to take a sip my sleeve caught the lid of the pint and I spilled 4/5 of the beer all over myself. Thankfully I had cloth in the back of the car to change into. However, when I return I notice that they my nearly empty glass is still sitting there and no one came by for the next 15 minutes to ask me if I wanted a refill. Now I'm willing to own up to the fact that it was my fault for spilling the beer but nearly 100% of the time if you have an accident the restaurant/bar fills your cup for free. Well that was not the case at NCBC. You might think that I'm being unreasonable and that's fine but I was very disappointed. I will keep on drinking NC beers at home but I will never again set foot inside their restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, CA
“Great beer & good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised for a "tap room & grill. Had linguine & seafood full if garlic & butter, paired with Le Merle & Thelonius.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LOS BANOS
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Got a good reference from the staff at the hotel where we stayed.
The Brewing Co. was having a idenifacation problem. They weren't sure if the were a nice up scal place to eat or a brew tasting buger and frys place or a nice little jazz club. the food was over price and just ok, we sat in the "back room" with the jazz band entertanment. it also had what looked like a cool bar and general dinning area. Staff was ok, our waitres was a bit odd and the madrady wasn't very freindly and seem to get tired of me when I didn't hear him or understand what he was telling me. So it was just ok for me maybe better for you.

Visited December 2012