“Very comfortable, great view, convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Harbor Lite Lodge
120 North Harbor Drive, Fort Bragg, CA 95437   |
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Roseville, California, United States
“Very comfortable, great view, convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My 9-year-old daughter and I stayed here for a long weekend as our base for exploring Fort Bragg and Mendocino. We booked a "center view" room and had a nice view of the harbor. We enjoyed walking down to the beach on the first night. Our room was very comfortable -- big beds, heater worked well, bathroom was adequate, appreciated the WiFi, fridge, and microwave. The towels were nice and fluffy, and housekeeping did a good job cleaning the room each day. My only complaint was that the first floor was quite noisy -- we could hear our upstairs neighbors walking around quite loudly early in the morning and pretty late at night. I would recommned a 2nd floor room due to this issue, but unfortunately you can't stay on the 2nd floor if you have kids under 12. You can also hear the fog horn in the harbor all night, which may be an issue if you are sensitive to noise (I thought it was sort of soothing but my daughter didn't like it). Otherwise, we very much enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hayward, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The lodge is perched on a bluff overlooking a working harbor, with boats coming and going and not noisy for our stay (Not all rooms have a view, so inquire). Our reception was attentive, the rooms clean and well kept (not older or rundown), and the beds were also very comfortable. The the location very convenient for exploring up and down the coast. The breakfast was "standard", which means plenty of the usual options, and nicely with indoor and outdoor seating possibilities. Definitely less expensive the Mendocino; we'll be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We decided last moment to spend my wife's birthday at Mendocino and ended up calling and booking it at ~8:30pm Friday night for a 1-night stay on Sat. Unfortunately, I woke up with extreme upper back pain next day morning, rushed to the chiropractor, and was strictly advised against a ~4hr drive. I called up instantly and canceled the booking at ~8am Sat apart from sending the medical docs. I was still charged the cancellation fee (given a future credit instead). I understand policies, etc. but I assumed that this personally owned business would be reasonable and humanitarian. It was less than 12 hr turn around time including overnight. So while I will definitely visit Mendocino sometime soon, I am never going to book at this place again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JSH120, Owner at Harbor Lite Lodge, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
What this reviewer failed to mention was that the cancellation fee is $25/night and we offered them a $25 credit toward a future stay within one year's time.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was a greatplace to stay after my sons football game. Staff was friendly and the rooms were very clean. The view of the harbor was nice. Room was spacious enough for family of 4. Will book this place again if we head back to the area!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rio Vista CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Weary from driving, my husband took the first turn after the bridge into Ft. Bragg. From what we found, we were very glad we did. Even though we didn't have a reservation, the staff at the front desk was friendly, pleasant, prompt, and helpful. Grounds and the room were immaculate. We enjoyed the gas fireplace in our room and especially the balcony overlooking the harbor. For dinner at one of the many restaurants on the wharf below the lodge, the short drive was quick and convenient. The complimentary continental breakfast was as good as and better than most. And I was pleased to find a computer available for guest use (at no charge). All in all, a great value, especially with AAA discount.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Union City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Away from the expensive accommodation of Mendocino but with all the charm . Management attentive and caring. Rooms sparkling clean and spacious.Complimentary breakfast more than adequate and freshly prepared. Spacious car park and well lit. Exterior inviting and matched by the greeting at the Reception desk. A good place to explore the area. Will most certainly use it again and again.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view are outstanding.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Williams
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Wonderful and luxurious. I want to stay here all summer!

Some minor things:
My fiance didn't like the TV because it didn't get very many channels. This is fine with me though because I don't often watch TV .
There are two rooms in the hotel that are for guests who smoke. If you are a non-smoker, you might want to ask to not be next to those rooms since you can smell the smoke from the balcony.

No hot eggs or bacon for breakfast. There are hard boiled eggs though. Also waffles, oatmeal, and other good breakfast items.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Harbor Lite Lodge? Share your experiences!