“Awesome and quaint...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Fort Bragg B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Awesome and quaint...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Purchased their two night special, I contacted Christine at last minute, she was quite accommodating for MLK weekend. This was a family trip. Loved the morning breakfast, plus when I forgot to place my order one morning, Christine ensure she left a reminder under my door and provided room service... Exceptional!
Location, location walking distance to downtown, skunk train, shop, restaurants and the beautiful beach. My Living Social package included, one bottle of wine with chocolate and two tickets to the Botanical Garden. The botanical garden is ideal for whale watching some of the best coast line views!

My only issue with this place is the heating system, it gets so hot and it's quite difficult to taper it down to a lower temp, so as result I turn it off and woke up quite cold. No fun being cold in the middle of the night.

Overall, if I am ever in a Fort Bragg again, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Christine C, Owner at Country Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to make sure all of our guests feel special and cared for.

I do wish you had mentioned your trouble with the heater while you were here so that we could have addressed it, or perhaps just given instructions on usage. We certainly want all of our guests to be comfortable while here.

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

This was my first stay at a b&b and it won't be my last. The inn is very homey and situated right across the street from the beach. The rooms were clean, large, beautifully decorated, and very comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the bed was. But the best part of the stay was the breakfast provided by the gracious and skilled innkeeper Christine. She served stuffed french toast with caramelized apples that was absolutely divine. I highly recommend the Country Inn Bed and Breakfast for your next stay in Fort Bragg. I will definitely go again.

• Stayed January 2014
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We have stayed here many times over the last 10 years and it has been excellent. The new owners that have been running it for the last year have made it even better. The bedding has been updated and the food is even better (though it was already excellent). They are friendly and helpful. It is by far the best value B&B in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We are always so happy to welcome back repeat guests. I’m so happy that you enjoyed your stay and notice all of the new little touches we’ve implemented.

Looking forward to your next stay,
Christine and Riley (the corgi)
El Cerrito, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I love this bed and breakfast. They've put in a bunch of nice touches (in the common area, they serve wine and cheese on Saturday afternoon, there is a stack of crocheted throws to use, if you're chilly). We only stayed one night. The feel of the place was gently used. I'm a bit of a klutz and worry about breaking nice things. I could relax here.

The location is central to "downtown" Fort Bragg, and we easily walked to dinner at Piaci Pub and Pizzaria, to Headlands Coffeehouse for live music and to North Coast Brewery for a final beer.

We slept in Grandma's attic. It was a warm room at the top of the stairs with slanted roof line that challenged my 6'2" boyfriend. Also the bathroom only has a claw foot tub, with a handheld shower attachment. It worked for me, but talk people will have to negotiate the slanted ceiling when getting out.

The niche where the bed is located did create an amplification chamber for the snorers, and I will sleep at the other end of the bed, when I go back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Our two breakfasts were excellent and the help was very available and flexible. Bed and bedding made us want to buy the comforter. Decor a nice blend of antique and art. Can walk to downtown and beaches easily. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Pomo is the most quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We have stayed here a number of times now and find it to be delightful. It is comfortable in an authentic, old-time Fort Bragg way, but even more than that it has a wonderful, subtle spirit to the place that is very satisfying and rejuvenating. I think it reflects (the innkeeper) Christine's caring and interest in doing things right, in combination with the old-time Fort Bragg vibe. The breakfasts are wonderful and most often comes with very interesting people around the dinning-room table.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our recent stay in Fort Bragg at the Country Inn was very pleasant. Christine, the manager, is an awesome cook and innkeeper. She went the "extra mile" to make our stay very memorable. The Country Inn is well located and within walking distance to downtown. We used our folding bikes to see the sights and sounds of Fort Bragg and the beautiful sunsets this coastal town has to offer. She also offers WIFI for those of you who want stay connected. We really had a lot fun and thank you Christine for a very wonderful stay!!!

Room Tip: Pick a room near the back of the house where Christine puts out the home-made cookies (she's a w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!