You added The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Bruno, California
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed with our dog which meant we stayed in the petstay rooms which are not updated. They were decent, much of what you would expect from a Motel. The upgraded rooms looked very nice. The breakfast was good, they had many options of pastries available. We got a couples massage with the trip. They do not have a message room, instead they use one of the hotel rooms. The Massages were Great!! Both ladies knew what to do to make us so very relaxed. It was a good trip.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Beachcomber_Motel, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank Vic E for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community by writing us a review! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our continental breakfast and took advantage of our spa services! I hope you will come visit us again soon!
-Tina
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed here because it was right on the beach and dog friendly. I was a little leery since having a dog sometimes means you get a beat up room. To our surprise, it was very clean and comfortable. The patio looked out on bluffs and was within steps to beach. The walking trail parallels the beach bluffs and you can walk or ride a bike for miles. Great place to just sit and drink your wine and watch the sunset from your room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Beachcomber_Motel, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, Beelivin! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback and share your experience with the TripAdvisor community! We take a lot of pride in the quality of our pet-friendly rooms, so I'm very happy to know that you were pleasantly surprised. I hope that we will get a chance to welcome you and your furry friend(s) back to Fort Bragg in the future!
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I booked a weekend package deal for myself and two teenage daughters. We stayed for two nights in a two queen room with a view. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and updated with new beds, flat screen tv. The room also had mini fridge and microwave along with the typical coffee pot and a high powered blow dryer that put mine to shame. This motel has good water pressure and enough hot water for all three of us. The continental breakfast is ok but it's situated in the small lobby which makes it a bit crowded and uncomfortable. The view from our room was the best part! We could lay in bed and look out our sliding patio door (semi private patios) and see the ocean. The beach is sandy and easy to maneuver, many trails to explore. All in all this is a wonderful place to stay and we will definitely visit again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Beachcomber_Motel, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
I'm so glad that you and your daughters enjoyed your stay, 77jenny8675309! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a lovely review. I'm happy to hear that you liked all the room amenities and that you think we have the best view in Fort Bragg (I think so too!). We look forward to your family's next visit to our lovely slice of the coast!
Guests Relations Manager
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was a nice stop on a recent coastal journey. Rooms were clean and nicely appointed. Seemed to be a reasonably decent value for what we paid (considering the competition). I chose it mainly based on the easy access to the ocean supported by the fact it is on the West side of the highway (albeit close to the highway). We walked to glass beach and back, which was a bit of a hike but a nice afternoon jaunt. Breakfast was bare bones and didn't offer much space to eat it in, a bit of a disappointment given the rate. We'd come back if in the area.

Room Tip: I personally think it was worth it to pay a little extra and stay on the upper floor!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Beachcomber_Motel, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
DWT4Free, thank you for the wonderful review! We are fortunate that Pudding Creek Beach - one of the most popular beaches in Fort Bragg - is right out our back door and that famous Glass Beach is nearby as well. As for our breakfast, we are currently looking to broaden our selections and we welcome guest input and ideas. We hope that you do come back to the area because we would be very happy to have you visit us and our wonderful bit of the Pacific ocean again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We states here for my two nights for my birthday and had a great time! I've visited fort bragg for several years and this is by Far the best hotel! Some of the other hotels may offer an ocean view but you have to drive somewhere else to access the beach. This hotel was very clean (I'm a clean freak too) and comfortable and had breathtaking views from our balcony! Fall asleep to the sounds of the waves crashing :) you can access miles of beaches and cliffs to explore right outside your room. My only suggestion would be to bring your own pillows because the ones the hotel provides are filled with hard lumpy cotton. I thought this was very odd since the rest of the hotel was so nice.. They need to invest in some feather pillows. Oh and they serve a fabulous breakfast each morning! Stay here, you'll be happy you did :)

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you so much haileys-mama for giving us such a great 5/5 review! We love knowing that our guests are happy. It's true that ocean views and walkable beach access is rare here and we're proud that we have both. We will be so glad to welcome you back on your next Fort Bragg visit!
-Tina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Loved that we could just walk out our back door and walk down to the ocean. They also have bikes that you can ride up and down the paved trails. Beautiful views. Breakfast was okay. No protein offered. All carbs. Staff was great. Rooms are clean and beds comfy. Definitely would come back in the summer. My kids loved it!

Room Tip: Downstairs lacks privacy but it was great cause we could leave our beach chairs and sand toys on the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Beachcomber_Motel, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
I'm glad to hear you had such a great time, Lisagranucci! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback and share your experience with the TripAdvisor community! It's great that you took advantage of our bike rentals to explore the coast, especially with the lovely weather we've been having. We do our best to offer a wide selection at breakfast and I'll pass your protein request on to the team. We definitely look forward to welcoming you and your kids back this summer!
Dripping Springs, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I've been staying at the Beachcomber since 1995 (or there abouts). This is the best get away. I always get the Spectacular King Room, which is closest to the beach for great views. When I needed some me time, I would take the dogs, glass of wine, snacks and go down on the beach and watch the dogs play in the ocean. This is a dog friendly place also, they have certain rooms for your animals. My girls grew up going to this place and they still talk about how great it was (now they're in their mid 20's). The last time my husband and I were there, we got a couples massage, it was amazing and a perfect atmosphere. Also great for listening to the waves each night while laying in bed or sitting on the balcony.

We always try to go in October, since this seems to be the best time of the year (no fog). When I lived in Northern CA, I used to go about once a month to get away. But now I live in Texas, so only go once a year. The best place for dinner is Cliff House Restaurant with views of the Noyo Harbor.

Room Tip: Spectacular King Room (closest to the beach with spectacular views)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Beachcomber_Motel, Guest Relations Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank you Tammy K for this fabulous review! I'm so glad that you and your family - human and otherwise- have enjoyed our hotel for so many years. Being the best of For Bragg is what we always aim for, so it's good to hear that you think we hit the bull's-eye. We look forward to welcoming you back to our lovely slice of the coast for many years to come!

Been to The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!