“Beachcomber Motel and Spa- Check It Out!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 N. Main St., Fort Bragg, CA 95437   |
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Santa Rosa, California
“Beachcomber Motel and Spa- Check It Out!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

It has become a family tradition for us now to stay at the Beachcomber Motel and Spa!! Our kids have such a great time every year!! Incredible views, on the beach, great price, very friendly, recently upgraded rooms,walking trails...are you getting the picture :)

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are the best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Grass Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We love staying at the Beachcomber! We found this gem a few years ago and wouldn't stay anywhere else when we go to Fort Bragg. Easy beach access and walking distance to Glass Beach and downtown. Staff is friendly and helpful. We scheduled a couples massage while we were there and although they couldn't accommodate us as a couple (they only had 1 massage therapist on duty) they did schedule us consecutively. They have many room options and we love staying downstairs so we can open the sliding glass door and walk out to the beach.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room there.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
beachcombermotel, Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
We appreciate your kind words! We strive to provide our guests with a great experience throughout their visit at our property. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the coast!
Orland, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed there in April for an early Birthday for my husband and I the rooms are small but a great view. They have a BBQ that you can use the kitchen had all the stuff you need from pans to plates and even paper towels.I was a little upset with our room they had an electrical problem with the microwave and the tv. They tried to fix it but couldn't and the sunsets are outstanding and the flowers are so pretty. You can walk over a bridge pudding creek and see the ocean so pretty you can get down to the beach from there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the valuable feedback! Maintenance looked into the electrical problem. It has been fixed and we appreciate your insight into the problem! We look forward to being your go to destination anytime you're in the area!
Laytonville, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I often take trips to Fort Bragg and when we do we stay at the Beachcomber Motel and spa on the beach. It has the best rooms and the best location with quick access to the beach and trails. The rooms are clean, spacious and inviting making you feel at home. My husband and I have stayed in the King suite as well as other rooms and have been extremely satisfied with them all. The King suite has a Jacuzzi tub, fireplace and private balcony with a spectacular view, a perfect romantic getaway. They provide a free continental breakfast with a variety of choices. If you are traveling the coastal highway make it a point to stop and stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
beachcombermotel, Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
The Beachcomber staff is elated you had such an enjoyable time at our property! We hope to be your go to destination whenever you visit Fort Bragg! Please don't hesitate to call and make your next reservation soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We were charged a 250.00 pet fee for leaving our pet unattended in room while we took photos in front of hotel! When we disputed the charge the hotel owner called the cops. When the cop came he had no idea why he was called and apologised. I disputed the charge with the credit card company after showing copy of police report I was credited the charge plus interest . But it was a horrific ordeal! The owner is a crazy woman I don't suggest ever staying here! Far from friendly and definetly not pet friendly!

• Stayed August 2012
beachcombermotel, General Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We would like to assure you that we would never be so mean to charge you for taking pictures in front of the hotel. You were charged $250 because you left your dog unattended and many guests called and complained about the barking coming from your room. We tried to contact you and are very sorry that we had to call the authorities because the noise went into the night. We wish you the best and thank you again.
Miranda, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I wanted to spend our anniversary here and booked a stay in the pet friendly hot tub room for our first night. We were unable to book the room for two nights, so we chose to book a jacuzzi room for our second night. We were traveling with our dog and it was important to find a place that would allow us to bring him along.

While I loved the size, view and comfort of the hot tub room, unfortunately our fireplace did not work and the hot tub was so heavily chlorinated, that it burned the skin and eyes. It also turned itself on and off throughout the night to maintain temp and that was rather noisy. The other problem was the shower... it would maintain temp for a minute or two, then drop water pressure and either turn ice cold or burning hot. My only other issue with the room was temperature control.... there were no fans and with the humidity of the hot tub, the room was very stuffy.... we did open the windows and crack the slider door, but it would be nice if there was a ceiling fan or other type fan to help circulate the air. Lastly, when I turned the coffee pot on in the morning, it blew the fuze for half of the room. Thankfully there was a reset button and power was quickly restored. Regardless of the negative issues, the bed was very comfortable, sheets clean, sofa was also comfy and the view was spectacular. Internet speed was also pretty good most of the time.

The next day, we had to pack up our things and wait for our new room to be ready to move into. I was thankful that the staff did this as quickly as possible and called us when it was ready.

The second room was significantly smaller and outdated despite only being a few dollars cheaper than the hot tun room. We were in the corner right next to the dog potty area and when the windows were open, you could occasionally catch a whiff of the potty yard. The positives of this room.. the fireplace worked perfectly as did the shower, jacuzzi tub, etc. I also loved the bathroom size. The bed was as comfy as our first room and all in all I had no complaints here.

My final issue was the dog potty yard and dog amenities. The website and magazine add states you get a blanket, towel, treats, magnet and other little goodies. We were given a sheet, 2 mini milk bones and a copy of the pet policy and that was it. I was told the potty yard would have poo bags, but I was thankful I had my own, as there were none in the yard to use... just an empty spot where there used to be some. There was also no trash can to throw away the used poo bags.... it required a walk around the grounds until I found a big can near the vending machines. Also, it was not a lit area, so at night, you couldn't really see... this was a problem considering many people had chosen not to pick up after their dogs during the day. I used a flashlight and my own plastic bags to pick up all the old dog poo before I took my dog out to the yard to use.

I guess for the price we paid for our stay, I expected all things to be in working order and for there to be a bit more perks, but despite my mixed reviews, I do plan to stay here again in the future. The staff were all friendly and all in all it was a great place to relax.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
beachcombermotel, General Manager at The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
We appreciate your visit and your feedback. We will look into the areas of concern and correct the imperfections. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area. If you would like to discuss your stay further please don't hesitate to call. See you soon!
Alta Loma, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The rooms are spacious with moderate furnishings. They have a better than usual continental breakfast that is complimentary. Each room has a patio or balcony with awesome views of the ocean. This hotel is also pet friendly. The beds were very comfortable!

Room Tip: If you are bringing your pet there is an additional $20 fee per night!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your stay. We are always striving for better accommodations for our guests and your feedback is vital! We look forward to being your go to destination whenever you are in the area!

Been to The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!