“Great view, great location, average room” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to $50 Spa Credit
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Fort Bragg
Santa Clara, CA
“Great view, great location, average room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I was a walk in and they had a room for me with a kitchenette. The service staff was very helpful. The carpet in the room needed replacing and the room could use a few updates. The room was located right next to the ocean. There was a walkway right behind my room that was great for taking a walk to the bridge in the morning. There were several trails to the beach as well. I had a fantastic view of the sunset. For the price the room was average with a small bathroom (the door hit the curved shower rod).
It would've been great to be able to just exit out the back door and leave the room locked and go walking on the walkway. Instead I ended up walking around to the front lobby to where I could go in between the buildings to reach the walkway and still leave my room secure.
Overall I might consider staying here again if I was passing through.

Room Tip: Go for a balcony room if possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
Nevada City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have stayed overnight here before. This time I was here 6 days. The staff as usual were all very nice. The room standard but kept very clean. The bed very comfortable. I slept well. They had an extra sm. fridge put in my room. I enjoyed being next to the walk having my dog with me. We took lots of walks and met many nice people and dogs. I felt safe and enjoyed my stay very much. I will definatly be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This motel on the north edge of Fort Bragg has a spectacular setting: right on the water, with the coastal trail running alongside, north to MacKerricher State Park and south to the picturesque trestle bridge and cliffs; wind-sculpted cypress trees in front of the lobby windows and deer in the field across the road. Our room was on the ground floor back, with the only window facing the parking lot. It would have been worthwhile to upgrade to either a second-floor room or a room on the water side, where we could have kept our curtains open without every passerby being able to see in. Our room was small, the bathroom large, the tv a little bit tricky. The breakfast offerings were adequate, but the lobby, where breakfast is laid out, got crowded in the morning, and the few tables available are not nearly sufficient for this large-ish establishment. However, we enjoyed our coffee and tea and bagels and muffins outside on the steps looking out at the fog and cypress trees.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Anoka, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

This place was a little pricey,but it was nice. Great views! The rooms were very clean. We were so close to the ocean we opened the patio door and could hear the ocean from our bed. Each room has a balcony that you can sit out and watch the surfers, it was pretty cool. I got a couple nice photo shots. They have a nice flat screen tv, but we never turned it on. The view was too beautiful. Beachcomber also has lots of easy walk ways to the ocean. They also have a nice boardwalk along the ocean. They were close to town where you could walk if you wanted, less than a half mile.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bermuda Dunes, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were disappointed that the accommodations were less than we expected for the cost of this place. We enjoyed the balcony facing the ocean, but the room was just fair and the breakfast was very minimal and disappointing. I think we could have found a better deal elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at the Beachcomber this week for 3 nights. This place is Awesome... Great views of the ocean, free breakfast every AM and coffee/tea 24 hours a day.

The front office staff was extremely friendly, courteous and helpful.

We had a blast and WILL return.

Room Tip: Any room with a view is GREAT !!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Beachcomber on the recommendation of other family members and we were not disappointed. The room was very clean and the staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. The access to the beach or the old logging road that runs parallel to coast was awesome! This really is a great stay for a family or couple for that matter.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Beachcomber Motel and Spa on the Beach? Share your experiences!