“Better than average budget motel” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   888 South Main Street, Fort Bragg, CA 95437   |
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Fort Bragg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chandler, Arizona
“Better than average budget motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Our single queen room was small, but well furnished with a table and two chairs. Bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean with fresh paint and newer carpets. Older TV, microwave, fridge, good lighting and adequate counter space in the bathroom. The super start continental breakfast is OK, with individually wrapped sweet rolls, toaster waffles, cold cereal, fresh fruit, coffee and juice. I've had better continental breakfasts, but I've also had worse. All of the staff were very friendly. In the realm of two star hotels, this one is better than average, which is really what I'm looking for - the two star that's closer to a three than it is to a one.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
What a nice review. Thank you so much. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and recognized the fact that even though we are an economy hotel, that does not mean we do not give our guests a very clean and friendly place to stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

wanted a 1st floor room, was told none available. the 2nd floor room smelled like cigarette smoke, but when I complained, I was assured that this is a non-smoking facility-really? How about the maids, etc? The guy at the front desk seemed to blow off my criticism. The complimentary "breakfast" was full of sugary products, rolls, sugared cereal, etc so I didn't eat there. Coffee was ok in the lobby- the coffee maker in the room didn't work so they brought another one the 2nd day.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8fortbragg, General Manager at Super 8 Fort Bragg, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for the review and comments about your stay. I of course want all of our guests to fully enjoy their stay with us but it seems like this did not happen in your case. First of all I want to apologize for how you feel you were treated by the front desk staff member. Usually we receive wonderful comments about our staff members so it is even more upsetting to me when someone has a bad experience with a staff member. I can assure you that I will be sharing your review with all front desk staff and discussing this matter with them. I can also assure you that all of our rooms are non-smoking and that our housekeepers definitely do not smoke in the rooms either. In fact, guests who do break this policy receive an extra charge of $250.00 because we have to shampoo carpets and clean walls and curtains, etc. before we can rent the room again. While it is rare that this occurs, our housekeepers are good at noticing if someone has smoked in a room and reporting it. That is why I was surprised to hear that you felt the room had been smoked in. While I am not sure what room you stayed in, I have had housekeepers to be on extra alert for this room. I have also not had any other complaints about a room that smells like cigarettes. Again, I appreciate your feedback and want you to know that I take your concerns very seriously and will act. I hope you are willing to give us a try again in the future.

Been to Super 8 Fort Bragg? Share your experiences!