“What a wonderful surprise this restaurant was.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 70 Restaurants in Fort Bragg
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Description: Since 1985 the Cliff House Restaurant of Fort Bragg has been providing tourists and locals with the finest dining experience on the coast. With breathtaking views of the entrance to Noyo Harbor and the Pacific Ocean, you can’t find a better seat.
Bentonville, Arkansas
“What a wonderful surprise this restaurant was.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

On vacation,a local told us the food at this restaurant was the best. It was beyond all our hopes, gourmet food, top shelf service, unusual but wonderful seating arrangement, a little pricey, but not at all overpriced for the superb food. The only thing we really did not like about this place was the view, looked out on a rather mucky waterway of some sort and a dumpy campground.We are on a 13 state vacation and so fAr the only place we have enjoyed mote was in San Francisco.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Windsor, California
“Great view of the Noyo Harbor entrance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Beautiful views from a window seat...a little noise from the nearby bridge over Noyo Harbor but nothing too bothersome. The restaurant is a multi-staired room with at least 4 levels (reminded us of show seating in Las Vegas but without the show). We sat at the bottom level where the views are the best. Both my husband and I ordered the same, a black & blue hamburger with french fries and iced tea...we enjoyed our meals. Service was a little slow, especially when we were there after the rush when the restaurant was not very full. Ambiance is good - but they need to do something about their carpet as it desperately needs stretching and cleaning. I know, I sound picky, but we travel a great deal and we notice the conditions of our surroundings....I like the floors (all of them in a public place) to be very clean.

Visited August 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Great Late Night Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We arrived in Ft Bragg at 9pm looking for a place to eat. What a surprise to find this gem of a restaurant and bar!! We ate at the bar and had great service from a couple of very friendly bartenders. The burgers are big and juicy! Didn't see a bad meal coming out of the kitchen. Actually stayed for a few hours to enjoy the karaoke. What started as a search for something to eat turned into a great evening!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mariposa, California
“One of the best meals ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

For our 30th anniversary trip, we were given a gift certificate to The Cliff house by local friends. They knew where to send us! This was truly one of the best meals both my husband and I have ever had. The service was warm and friendly without being overly familiar. The dungeness crab "martini" salad and the caprese salad were suburb. Best balsamic vinegar ever. But the entrees were even better. On the waiter recommendation (Thanks Kevin!), which he gave when asked, my husband had crab stuffed prawns and I had the salmon oscar. The lemon butter sauce was light, not smothering and the salmon incredibly fresh. Each dish was created... not just made. They brought us a complimentary desert for our anniversary that was a small mousse cake. Again, outstanding. On the way out, the owner asked about our experience with the same genuine care that we experienced all evening. We truly had one of the best meals of our lives.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Golden, Colorado
“Nice place, clean and good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We just went there for a light meal and drinks. The service was good and the staff friendly. It is a bit expensive but what we had was good. I do wish we would have known about the cheap taco bar in the lounge area though, I would have opted for that. It was just my daughter and I, she walked in first, they might have asked where do you want to sit? We didn't want much to eat, I had a crab martini with avocado, and we ordered a grilled artichoke. It was good, but there was not heart! That's the best part of an artichoke! We were in Ft. Bragg for such a short time, but just driving thru town, it didn't look like there were many eatery options at that time of night. It did fit the bill and I have no complaints. Parking is good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere