“What a gem!” 4 of 5 stars

20% off Storm Special
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Fort Bragg
“What a gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We didn't know what to expect when we booked this place, but when we arrived and were greated by Paul's friendliness and chocolate chip cookies, I knew we'd love it. The grounds were family friendly, and our road-weary kids loved climbing the trees and playing with the many toys left around specifically for the kids. Our room was cozy and the half-kitchen was such a nice bonus. The bathroom needs some updating, but overall we absolutely loved it. There was plenty of room for all 5 of us, and Paul generously had a camp pad set up for our youngest and queen beds with extra pills ready for us.

Room Tip: There are rooms with full kitchens, so if it's something you'll use, make sure you ask!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Paul B, Owner at Shoreline Cottages, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure meeting you. I am glad you enjoyed the property, and of course the kids. We pride ourselves on being really family friendly, and I am glad your kids took advantage of the trees. I hope you guys enjoyed the rest of you vacation while traveling the coast and a safe trip home.

Take care, and Thank you once again for staying with us here at Shoreline Cottages!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I think this might be my new favorite hotel. My boyfriend and I stayed in the Sun Suite and after the first night, we knew we had to come back. The bathroom was recently remodeled with a large bathtub and ceiling rain shower head. There were plenty of extra towels and this was one of the few hotels I've stayed at that had separate shampoo and conditioner (my hair thanks you). The room was clean and had more amenities than I expected. I was also surprised by how quiet it was in the room. I never heard noises coming from the next room (maybe the people in there were just quiet people), and even though the place is right off the freeway, the noise from the freeway was hardly noticeable. The bed was extremely comfortable. We kept meaning to wake up early so we could fit more things into our trip, but ended up being too cozy in the morning to get out of bed. Paul is very friendly and you can tell that he really cares about your comfort and wants you to enjoy your stay. My favorite thing about this place is that a lot of hotel rooms have a very distinct "hotel" feeling to them, but every time I walked into the room, it felt more like coming home. The only complaint we had was that it was difficult to spot from the street (we did accidentally drive by it). Otherwise, this is an absolutely charming place and I'm looking forward to when I can go back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul B, Owner at Shoreline Cottages, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you guys for the great review. I am glad you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay. I am glad I was able to give you guys a few suggestions on things to do in the Fort Bragg area to make your time more enjoyable. We hope to see the two of you again.

Take care and Thank you once again!!!
Pacifica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

i was really lucky to get into the cottages. when i looked online, it appeared as though they had no room on my dates but i called and spoke with Paul. their systems were down due to a logging truck accident and he said he'd call me back. i nearly fell over when he did as i'm so used to bad customer service these days. he moved someone around and put me in the sun suite for two nights. all that just for me? well if you insist!

pros:
great customer service from the moment you check in to the moment you leave
clean, quiet and comfortable rooms
great location
hot tub!
fire pit (was super fun to hang out here after dark)
BBQ and outdoor cooking area (i didn't use it since i don't cook on vacation)
DVDs to borrow from reception (this would be great on a rainy night)
patio space off the suite (for drinks or reading or breakfast)

cons:
stinky bathroom products - soap and shampoos!
pillows were a little soft for my liking
doing my own dishes in the room (was awkward in the glass bathroom sink. was really afraid i'd break something)
the driveway is horribly uneven. could use a paving.
hard to find the entrance but they are about to put up new signage.
you can't easily access the beach that's just across the highway

this place has great reviews for a reason. i'd recommend it and go back in a heartbeat.

thanks Paul!

Room Tip: sun suite is next to the fire pit. if you don't want to have noise from it, stay on the other si...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Paul B, Owner at Shoreline Cottages, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for the great review and I am glad you enjoyed yourself. It was a pleasure chatting with you by the fire pit and talking about your awesome zumba class. Hope to see you next year with your mom of course, when the Dahlia's are in bloom. Take care, and thank you once again.
Surprise,AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay recently and found this place based on very positive reviews, but we were sadly disappointed after staying here one night. Maybe it was just our room (the rose ivy room 6?), but I surely don't understand the other reviews that mentioned the remodeling and big bathrooms. This was anything BUT that! These are small old style cottages which we hoped to find as quaint, but in fact reminded us of an old tired place from the circa 1940's. It is sadly in need of major remodeling. Our room had the teensiest tiniest bathroom of anyplace I've ever seen or stayed at, with absolutely no counter space. There was a long hair stuck on the wall. We ended up having to use the kitchen counter for counter space for toiletries, which was ridiculous as it's in another room! That kitchen is not needed and should be gutted. The bed was lumpy, there was constant traffic noise, and we barely slept all night. Didn't want to use the shower as it seemed dark and dreary, and I couldn't imagine trying to dry my hair in that tiny bathroom with no counter. Sorry, but I believe there are much better places to stay than this.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul B, Owner at Shoreline Cottages, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
I'm sorry you were disappointed in your stay. There has been remodeling in our suites and some of our cottages. As the new owner we do plan to remodel the rest of bathrooms in a timely manner. I think a suite would have been more to your liking since you did not plan to any cooking. As far as the bed they are all about 3 years old. We are not a Ritz Carlton, but we tried to provide service with a smile and home away from home experience for our guest, and they are very clean units is the reason for are favorable reviews. As I state to a lot of my guests, is to make your self at home. We provide free movies, hot tub, home made cookies, bar q ue area, fire pit which we provide the wood for, and also very nice court yard to sit enjoy your time. We would love for you to come back and enjoy one of our modern suites, and enjoy all the amenities are property has to offer. Take care and we wish you the best in your travels.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

This place is so cute and quaint! We booked two cottages, one for myself and my husband ("Moose"), and one for our two teenaged daughters ("Dog"). We were only able to stay one night, but we will definitely stay longer next time. We were greeted immediately as we arrived in the parking lot, and even though we arrived a little early, our cabins were ready. This place is under new ownership as of late July '14 and the new owners are really friendly and helpful. Their staff is really friendly, too. I love that it is so pet friendly. My pug, Madison, was able to wander around a little bit in the center courtyard as well as the fire pit area. She was clearly very comfortable there! Loved the fire pit!! We brought our own food to BBQ, and hung out with Paul, the owner, while sipping wine, making S'mores and watching the fire. It was just a homey kind of feel. Very relaxing and casual. I was in my PJ's! :) We slept sooooo well; the beds were really comfy, the rooms quiet. The location is perfect. The traffic noise was minimal. The prices were very reasonable. We will be back for sure. I recommend Shoreline Cottages for families, couples, groups, etc. Just book it! You won't be sorry. :)

Room Tip: The cottages were separated by a carport, so no shared walls and no hearing your neighbors business!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Paul B, Owner at Shoreline Cottages, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family and of course your adorable pug. Im glad you guys felt comfortable and at home. Hopefully I didn't talk your ear of sitting out by the fire pit (glamping)..take care and hope to see you and your family again, and of course the pug.
Fort Bragg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My husband and i stay at this hotel on a regular basis. We love the charming atmosphere, super friendly staff, and the lovely amenities. Each of the cottages has a different theme - my favorite is the Moose Cottage, but all of them are adorable. Shoreline Cottages is always our first choice and we've never been disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul B, Owner at Shoreline Cottages, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Hey Robyn, thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoy your stays with us and being a regular returning guest. I hope to keep providing you with a comfortable place to for you and your husband. Me and the staff really enjoy having you stay with us. Thank you once again and take care until next time.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

WOW! I love this property! Loved it so much that I came back two weekends in a row! This past weekend visit was for my 39th birthday! Such a clean, uniquely designed property. Paul, the property Manager went above and beyond his duties to ensure that we were at our "home away from home"! The nightly bonfires combined with the freshness of the Pacific Ocean was priceless! The homemade cookies greet you at the reception desk as if they were made by Mom! I cannot say enough about my experience at Shoreline Cottages! I travel all over the world....this is one of my favorites!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul B, Owner at Shoreline Cottages, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you for the great review. It was a pleasure meeting you and your girlfriend. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us once again. We look forward to seeing you again. Take care....

Been to Shoreline Cottages? Share your experiences!