“not a bad dish, super impressed” 5 of 5 stars

707-887-3300
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmhouse Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Forestville
Cuisines: American, Californian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wohler Rd.
Los Angeles, California
“not a bad dish, super impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We did the 4 course Tasting menu and split each dish. It was over the New Years holiday and they were fully booked. Food was outstanding, loved every dish. Fresh, innovative and well prepared. Wine pairing was not my favorite, in fact, I was slightly disappointed. Don't think I shared the Sommerlier taste. But overall, the atmosphere was great and we had a great time. I thought the price was reasonable for the quality. We looked at a room 1st floor of the barn and if you are in for a big splurge the room was gorgeous. Very nicely decorated space. Staff who did the booking for dinner were very helpful on recommendations for wineries.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Danville, California
“bad customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

The restaurant offers a 3 course tasting menu on Monday nights for $49. The offer is two savory dishes and one sweet. On Jan 9, 2013, I called to ask if they would substitute another savory for the sweet. They said yes and, on that basis, I made the reservation for Jan 14, 2013. On Sunday, Jan 13, they called me to confirm the reservation. On Jan 14, 4 hours before our dinner, they called to tell me that they would not substitute the dessert for an appetizer unless I wanted to order from the regular menu at the normal high prices. I cancelled the reservation. They notified me at the last moment yet had I cancelled my reservation, they would have charged me a $25 fee. My feeling is that if they can fine me for reneging on my obligation, they should be bound by theirs.

Visited January 2013
csb0214, Owner at Farmhouse Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I totally agree! While we don't generally substitute courses on the prix fixe Monday Night menu, if we said we do it we should have done it. Sounds like an awful case of two people, two answers. We work so hard to make sure that doesn't happen. But I'm afraid that the person confirming reservations is on a morning shift, and wouldn't have the authority to agree to an unusual request. But, how would you know that? I'm sorry about the confusion, and will work with my team to insure that it doesn't happen again.
Catherine
Tokyo, Japan
“Tasting menu a good choice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Everything was delicious. The ambiance was delightful. While many people often disparage tasting menus, they are a great introduction to local wineries.

Visited January 2013
Sebastopol
“Good but not great!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was supposed to be the 38th anniversary special outing and to tell the truth it was way too expensive for the experience. I don't want to say it wasn't good but for nearly $200 without any wine I expected it to be the meal of a lifetime and it just wasn't.

Visited July 2012
Las Vegas, NV
“A quiet, refined experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Enjoyed the tasting menu and novel wine pairings. The dining room was quiet and romantically lit, the service attentive but not obtrusive. We will be back!

Visited June 2012