“Luxurious & Cozy equals a FANTASTIC experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7871 River Road, Forestville, CA 95436   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Forestville
San Mateo, California
“Luxurious & Cozy equals a FANTASTIC experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

There are not enough words to describe this luxurious boutique hotel! My husband and I found this little gem when searching for a romantic getaway to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary! We are so happy that we found The Farmhouse Inn!
We stayed for three nights and had to peel ourselves away from this beautiful place! The Deluxe King room was spacious, romantic and the icing on the cake was the amazing bathroom with jetted tub overlooking the beautiful landscape and separate steam shower! We had mouthwatering culinary meals at their onsite restaurant. Three course breakfasts and dinners showcased such exquisite artistry and delightful use of fresh local ingredients. The attention to details from the Architecture, the food and the amazing staff made our 20th anniversary celebration most memorable!
This was a FIVE star experience!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Polish first
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Farmhouse provided a relaxing getaway for me and my man! I love to travel, but sometimes I find it can be challenging to feel completely relaxed when my husband and I have to be mindful of my food and allergen sensitivities, in addition to caring for our very active toddler. But the focus of this trip was for my husband and I to spend quality time together, and Farmhouse spoiled us while we did!

Not only was this trip a vacation from the busyness of life, but it was also a vacation from having to invest energy and time in maintaining my healthy lifestyle. The chefs at FH graciously accommodated to my food allergies, and my husband and I both agreed that our dinner experience was one of the best ones we've ever had--amazingly fresh and local ingredients, fantastic service, and a charming setting with a great story to it!

Our food experience wasn't the only thing worth bragging about. I live a very clean lifestyle, using natural and organic bath products. The apothecary line (Sum Body) offered at FH was amazing, especially for someone who is sensitive to strong scents and chemicals in products (e.g. SLS, parabens, etc.). My husband and I loved the products so much, we ended up purchasing enough to last us a year! If that wasn't enough, upon arrival, guests are offered a lovely display of complimentary bath products--soaps, body scrubs and bath salts--all of which lent to our spa-like experience our suite.

The beautifully designed bathroom in our suite shouted luxury, and I felt like it provided a spa experience in itself. From the sauna shower to jetted tub with a beautiful view of nature was exactly what this momma needed on her getaway. I seriously think my two nights at FH erased five years off my face!

Farmhouse was my dream getaway spot. I couldn't have asked for a better place for my husband and I spend our first trip alone since having our baby. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you are a Sillycon Millonaire with money to burn, this is the place for you. Everything is first class here but it damn well better be for the price they charge. Free Smores by the firepit so maybe it is a bargain afterall. Each to his own but this is not the place for me.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
csb0214, Owner at Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the nice compliment! We are truly a first class property and it reflects in everything we have to offer. From our amazing accommodations to our Michelin starred restaurant - our impeccable service and hospitality shine through out.
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Casual -- we wore jean, but definitely elegant. Several men wore coats.

Remarkable service, all done as a team. Main server, bus crew and even the host jumps in when necessary to deliver seamless service. All plates arrive at the same moment.

Typical offer is 3-course or 4-course fixed price menu. Although the "standard" is to order one starter, one main and one dessert, you can replace the dessert for an additional starter. This might appeal to those non-sugar hounds, especially considering that both classic appetizers and salads fall into the starter group.

There were about 6 mains offered and they covered the gamut from vege, to fish, fowl and beef. We ordered a variety of starters (recommend the ahi) and mains and everyone at our table raved.

I would NOT recommend the wine pairing based solely on the cost of $59 for 3 glasses. You do get the benefit of their selections but, if you are reasonably adept at picking wine, can do quite well ordering wine by the glass instead.

A 20% service charge was attached to our bill due to "six people". That did surprise me though I would have provided that much tip regardless.

Overall, a delightful meal in a great setting and a very human waiter.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter and I just spent a night in one of the new rooms and it was absolutely amazing. Began with a glass of wine offered at check in, followed by the soaps, salts and scrubs that we chose to bring to the room. Anna, the concierge, was so hospitable. We dined at the restaurant and it was delicious and the service was perfection. We followed dinner with yummy s'mores at the fire pit made from great chocolates, home made marshmallows and delicious graham crackers. The next morning we had honey ginger massages that were amazing. FYI, the spa offers a discount on services between 11:00 a.m. And 3:00 p.m.

We WILL return and it can't be soon enough. The property is so charming.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2015

Absolutely beautiful rooms and grounds! Room was large with indoor/outdoor fireplace and heated tile floors in bathroom and toilet closet! Couldn't have imagined these! The breakfasts were delicious and beautifully presented. The Service both at Inn and Restaurant were beyond our expectations! The Spa was beautiful and the massages were also great. Not one disappointment!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are based on size thus the price is determined by such. Personal decision!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2015

Excellent food and parings. Very small portions, but delicious in a lovely atmosphere. This is a fine dining experience not just a meal. The service was superior. Would love to return someday.

Did not stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Did not stay in hotel.
Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!