“Perfect B & B and awesome Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7871 River Road, Forestville, CA 95436   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Forestville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
North Liberty, Iowa
“Perfect B & B and awesome Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2008

My wife and I stayed in room # 6 and were extremely happy with the comfort of the room. The beds are extremely comfortable and the restaurant is second to none. My wife and I both agree what stand out the most about the Farmhouse Inn is the Customer Service. They go above & beyond to make your stay perfect & ours was perfect. They found out somehow that my wife has to have a Diet Coke in the morning so they made sure that the frig was stocked every day. It is within minutes of the best vineyards in the area. We always enjoyed eating the most unbelievable breakfast at the Farmhouse and the fresh cookies waiting for us in our room after coming back from a long day was a nice touch. After the great experience that we had at the farmhouse Inn we will be regulars to the wine country every year and our desination will always be the Farmhouse Inn. I highly recommend the Farmhouse Inn. Thanks to everyone for the great vacation.

Jeff & Traci Koeppel
North Liberty, Iowa

• Liked — Felt like home & great customer Service
  • Disliked — Did not dislike anything
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

We had a terrific stay at the Farmhouse. Our room # 9 in the Farmhouse itself was outstanding , a plush king size 4 poster bed with a very nice bath facility, including a double european shower head with plenty of room for 2 of us and a steam feature too. The bathtub was unique. It fllied from the ceiling and was very modern asian.
The breakfasts which are included were very good as was the service. French toast which was the best we ever had and tasty scones. We even snagged few for our day trip to the nearby redwood forest which rivals Muir Woods. very quiet and pleasant, and free! It was a short drive as was the Goat Rock beach which is too dangerous for swimming but quite spectacular. The nearby Russian River valley vineyards like Hop Kiln and Maramar are special. Our only regret was being unable to enjoy dinner but that's a reason to go back to the Farmhouse. The deep tissue massage and facials in the Spa were perfect finishes to our stay. Everyone treated us like royalty.

• Liked — first rate everything
  • Disliked — internet service wireless signal weak
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Voorhees, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Farmhouse Inn for three days of our weeklong honeymoon in CA. I browsed for months for an inn that was not only luxurious, but affordable and convenient to various sites. When I say that the Farmhouse Inn exceeded my expectations...that is an understatement.

We stayed in Room #2 and were very impressed with the room. The Inn offers tons of unadvertised freebies such as bath salts and scrubs, sodas, snacks, wine country maps, free tasting coupons, etc, etc. Every day we'd come back to the room, to find freshly made cookies by the bed as well.

The breakfasts were out of this world! Our personal favorite was a carrot raisin sunflower muffin. After telling the staff how much we liked them, they surprised us with two additional muffins for our day trip to San Francisco.

The location is really breathtaking and the smell of fresh herbs permeates throughout the property.

We enjoyed dinner at their restaurant during out first night and the service that we received was outstanding. The sommelier was very attentive and gave excellent suggestions. We highly recommend the Short RIbs and the Chocolate Souffle' was out of this world.

Definitely check out the Korbel vineyards and Armstrong Woods while you're out there as well!

• Liked — The exceptional service, scenery, and food!
  • Disliked — Not a thing. This was as close to perfect as it gets :)
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

I must have looked at 50 hotel websites in the Russian River Valley before I settled on this one. What finally settled it was that almost every room has a private sauna it it. Most of them (there are only 8) also have jetted tubs and a fireplace plus canopy beds, dressed beautifully in opulent cloth.

I stay at a lot of very nice hotels for work, including the St. Regis, Four Seasons and The Ritz Carlton and I have to say that the friendliness and service at this Inn was on par with the 5-star properties I've enjoyed. Marilyn made the reservation and was completely charming, Theresa checked us in and made us feel so much at home with the gratis snack bar (including s'mores ingredients for your fireplace) and the amazing complementary bath bar with goodies to put in your tub. Ginny helped us to coffee in the morning before breakfast and was so bubbly and fun.

Service at the restaurant that night was also amazing and I can't begin to remember all the people that waited on us and contributed to our amazing experience. The sommelier's wine recommendation was as close to what I described as you could really get and our primary waiter not only told us the chocolate in the dessert came from Italy, but described why chef's prefer that kind over others!

There were a few things that weren't absolutely perfect - the food, while incredibly good, was quite expensive. I entertain for a living so I'm a bit of a foodie and I have had better (for a lower price). Had the rates been a little more reasonable, my expectations would have been a little more normal. Also, the woman who checked us out in the morning could have been a bit more friendly. She was fine, but certainly not on par with the others! Finally, when I first tried to make the reservation, they would not accept a stay under the three- night minimum. It was an event weekend in the area and they were hoping to maximize that since they have so few rooms. They put me on a waiting list and called me the day before stay to see if I was still interested. I was, but only because I live a couple of hours away and left my options open. That would not be ideal for someone traveling farther.

We will be back!!!!

• Liked — Staff Friendliness, Sauna, Romantic Atmosphere
  • Disliked — Prices
east bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2008

We were referred to the Farmhouse Inn by a friend and are so happy we took his advice! This small inn is everything (and more) than we were looking for; comfortable room with wood-burning fireplace, FANTASTIC restaurant, great service, close to wineries, and a very friendly and helpful staff. Our expectations were far exceeded. The dinner was incredible, and perhaps the best we have ever had (seriously), the room was cozy and everything we could have wanted, and the free bath scrub, snacks, dvd's, and drinks at check-in were a pleasant surprise. Breakfast was terrific. We plan to head back in the spring. Thanks to the great staff for making our getaway so enjoyable!!

• Liked — Everything: food, room, service
  • Disliked — road noise
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

We loved our little cottage #7. My husband loved the sauna and the fireplace. Very relaxing getaway and nice drives to wineries and Armstrong forest. LOVED the breakfast.

• Liked — Different than the standard hotel experience - a true getaway
  • Disliked — lack of close by dinner options
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

My boyfriend and I celebrated my completion of the SF marathon at the Farmhouse Inn. What a wonderful and romantic place with lots of amazing little touches (bath salts, fabulous breakfast and great customer service). We really loved Room #4!

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!