Upon arrival, I was charmed and thrilled to be staying at the Farmhouse Inn. First impressions are very good. Beautiful property, lovely pool, promising restaurant. Things started off a little shaky during check in. When we arrived there was no one in the reception to check us in for a good 10 minutes. However, once things got rolling and we were checked in, I was excited to be staying at the Farmhouse.
We stayed in a Barn Luxury Room, on the first floor of the "Barn" building, in the back of the property. Upon arrival into our room, I was pleased to discover all the rooms features: The steam shower, heated floors in the bathroom, a lovely amenity "box" full of items from the inn, to keep for yourself. However, the room was sparsely decorated in my opinion, a little bare and minimal for my taste, especially at the rate we were paying. The carpet had small stains here and there. Also, when we arrived to our room, there was a fowl smell, wafting threw the open passageway to our room. It was the smell of their septic system is all I could guess, it was a very heavy stench of sewage. It was so bad, we had to keep our windows and doors closed to our room, as to not let the smell completely fill our room. Which was too bad, because the weather was nice enough to leave our windows open. We also couldn't enjoy the outdoor patio because of the smell of sewage, it was just too much.
If you like kitties, the property has a couple for you to love. I have a couple cats, so it was nice to have a couple to love on during our stay. The pool was heated, and clean, and lovely. The property was over all charming, with the exception of the terrible sewage smell.
The restaurant was pretty good, especially for breakfast. Great service. Delicious food. One note: The inn does not have an espresso "program" if you like espresso, cappuccino, mocha's or lattes. During our stay, none were available to us. Strange I think, especially at the rate we were paying, and for the accolades the restaurant has received. Seems rather ordinary, for an Inn held at such regard, to have an espresso machine.
Dinner service was top notch and professional. Dinner itself was tasty, but I found most of the dishes a bit under par, for a Michelin rated restaurant. I applaud the effort. The delivery was just a bit lacking.
Over all I found my stay to be a bit average. The smell of sewage was just so overpowering, we couldn't completely enjoy the property, or our room/patio. And frankly, in relation to other high end establishments I have stayed at, charging similar rates, I simply can not find a way to justify the rates they charge, with the lacking of services offered.
I would recommend going to the Farmhouse Inn for dinner, if you are in the area, but perhaps, skip the "Inn" part of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A total of eighteen cottages, rooms and suites dot our 6 acre property. Recently renovated and re-decorated, each individual space offers a mix of historical whimsy, classic elegance and luxurious sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Hotel Forestville
- Farmhouse Inn And Restaurant
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Forestville, CA - Sonoma County