“Had a great time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Forestville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Had a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

It's a small hotel, the room wad very good but not amazing.

It's the service however which makes this worth 5 out of 5.

Even before I arrived the concierge team were very helpful. Every time we asked they had great recommendations.
S'mores in the evening great fun.

Special thanks to Zoe in the spa who sorted my aches and pains out.

Their winery partners all waived the tasting fees which saved us a decent amount and they were very good.

Breakfast was perhaps the best we had all trip.
The restaurant is good, but isn't open Tuesday or Wednesday.

Sure we will be back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

517 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We always enjoy coming to the Farmhouse for a few days each year. For over five years we have appreciated the excellent and friendly concierge service to help us choose wineries, restaurants and places to walk. The accommodations are fantastic. I could like permanently in one of the Barn rooms -- they're spacious, comfortable and very attractive. The whole experience is soothing and sensual.

Elisabeth and Jeff

Room Tip: The Barn rooms are quiet and spacious. You feel like you're in the forest.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
csb0214, Owner at Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Elisabeth and Jeff,
Thanks for posting this review! We truly enjoy having you visit. And are glad to see you every time! We have some great new stuff in the works, and can't wait for your next visit!
Happy holidays,
Catherine + the whole Farmhouse team
Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

On our most recent trip to wine country, we stayed at the Farmhouse Inn. It was simply wonderful
and truly exceeded our expectations. The staff could not be more helpful and pleasant. The food was outstanding both during breakfast and the wine pairing dinner which was out of this world! The accommodations were well above the standards of the previous locations and reasonably priced. We loved the "country feel" of our room and the little gifts offered each night with the turndown service. Our every need was attended to without any complication or fuss. The concierge team made sure we truly experienced the best of the Russian River area. We will definitely return here and recommend the Farmhouse Inn to our friends!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful rooms, wonderful food & amazing service. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone. My husband & I just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary there with a 4 night stay and we loved every minute of it. I can't wait to go back again some day!

• Stayed September 2013
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is really a great place for couples! One of the few you can still find in the area of this quality.

Since my first review, we've visited the Farmhouse two more time and stayed in the barn. Both times we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. On our second visit, the restaurant wasn't open but on our third it was. We decided to give it a second chance and had a wonderful veggie meal. Many of our fellow diners had the rabbit, a Farmhouse signature dish, and raved about good it was.

One of the major pluses of the Farmhouse is the pool. It is a regular pool with both deep and shallow ends (not one of those 3 foot jobs). This meant we could just float around without scrapping our feet on the bottom.

The staff is one of the best we've seen and provides first-rate service.

We'll be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
csb0214, Owner at Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thanks so much for coming back! We'll look forward to seeing you again soon!
Catherine
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently stayed at Farmhouse Inn. The restaurant is excellent. The inn is, however, in my view far over-priced for what it is. We upgraded to a Barn room for USD 100 more. It supposedly sells for USD 800. The room was very nice and spacious, but not worth USD 800. My basis of comparison is the Mandarin, Four Seasons, Oberoi, etc. There is also terrible road noise that goes late into the evening - on the grounds (not in our room).
The staff is not particularly welcoming. They act like they are doing you a favour - a condescending attitude I've often found in the Bay Area, frankly. For breakfast, they told us they didn't do espresso and that we were the first people who have ever asked for one. Really, what an attitude.

Room Tip: For a quiet room you must be in the Barn building.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
This review was posted by the partner of the person who gave us a one star review below. I talked, at length, with my staff, about these guests and their displeasure with our property. And truly, we just can't figure out why they were so unhappy with us. Every person who interacted with this couple found them to be a little disgruntled, in general, but they did not seem to be unhappy with the property or the stay. They were VERY unhappy with the lack of an espresso program at breakfast. We don't have espresso. For a number of reasons. But, we do have a really wonderful, locally roasted, organically grown coffee that is specially blended for us. And we offer a fantastic French Press program for those who don't prefer brewed coffee. Isn't being angry at our not having espresso akin to being angry at our not having a full bar for dinner? it's a choice we've made, and we think it works with the style of our restaurant and our service. Generally speaking, our guests agree.
I am really, really sorry they were unhappy.
But if you're thinking of staying, please do. We don't have espresso- but we have loads of other great stuff. And my staff really is wonderful. I promise!
Catherine
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We're home from our fifth visit to the Farmhouse and fourth meal at its spectacular restaurant. This trip, somewhere between our big barn room with its dreamy bedding and the lazy sunflowers dangling over the fence next to the sweet little pool, I once again managed to forget my every last obligation back in the real world. One afternoon, the good folks at Ridge happened to pop by to pour a few Zins as the afternoon sun moved slowly across the deck. Another evening, the sommelier recommended a Pinot from down the road that was so exquisite I could actually hear my entree sigh with joy over the pairing. I love the cookies and milk before bed. I love the steam shower and the pale yellow soap that smells like warm honey and happiness. I even love Charlotte the cat. I don't even like cats! The folks at the Farmhouse always manage to anticipate my every need, especially needs I didn't know I had... but do now. One of those needs is to return here each year. I cannot think of a place that is more dreamlike. Until next time...

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!