“Experience of a Lifetime” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7871 River Road, Forestville, CA 95436   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Forestville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Buffalo, New York, United States
“Experience of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant certainly doesn't skip a beat. Down to the finest details, the owners and staff have mastered the ability to provide an experience that truly defines luxury and comfort in both style and service. My (now) husband and I decided, based on positive online review, to utilize their elopement package. Throughout the planning process, their head coordinator, Meghan, was an absolute dream to work with! She was punctual, thorough, friendly, upbeat, and enthusiastic. Meghan was able to help plan our wedding from start to finish without any complications whatsoever! Everything that had been promised was fulfilled to the utmost. When we arrived, we were pleasantly greeted with a fabulous glass of rose and lovely smiles from the warm-spirited team in the office. The gardens are fantastical and the aura of the premises was undeniably enchanting. I can't even begin to describe the hospitality of our Barn Deluxe accommodations. We stayed in #18 and couldn't have been happier with our selection. It wasn't as much the perfection, privacy and comfort level of the lodging/bedding themselves, but what was truly amazing was the attention to fine detail in the complimentary "treats" and amenities included in our room. Indulging in homemade "whoopie pies," daily warm chocolate chip cookies, spiced almonds, incredible cheese plate (local cheeses), nightly "smore" packages for the fire pit, hand selected local wines, and homemade soaps/scrubs were just among a few. Also, if you're looking for one of the best dining experiences of your life, check out the Farmhouse Restaurant. Breakfast is included for any guests of the Inn, which was one of my favorite times of the day!! You can tell that everything is harvested from the property (they even have an adorable hen house situated right on their grounds). The breakfast serving staff could NOT have been more pleasant! In our elopement package, a spa service was also included and was beyond my expectations. The spa was gorgeous! In regard to our ceremony, we opted to relocate the service to a nearby winery, VML Wineries. Meghan was readily available and had everything prepared for us upon arrival. It couldn't have been more perfect. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about what a joyous experience this trip was overall. My husband and I plan on returning every year for our anniversary, without a shadow of a doubt. Do yourself a favor and book at least a weekend trip. You cannot allow life to slip by without experiencing this incredible place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

508 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
Detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Unbelievable! What a wonderful 2 nights we spent one of the suites in the Barn. They think of every little detail to make your stay memorable - heated marble floors in bath, steam shower, great bath products (yummy soaps and bath salts) turndown service includes a little bucket with warm cookies (don't worry - milk in frig) bag of homemade fixin's for s'mores with sticks for roasting. Enjoyed the fireplace both inside and outside on the large porch. The grounds are lovely with flower blooming everywhere and at night the grounds are lit with lanterns. Pool was lovely to enjoy bit a bit cold for our us. The ladies at the concierge were outstanding with suggestions available for winery visits or places to eat. Breakfast was just fabulous - eating outside with the waterfall, flowers and gourmet food. Service all around - best in business!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was a fantastic getaway from the hectic pace of Napa Valley. The only rooms I could recommend are the suites in the Barn, they are well worth the extra money for the peace and quite surroundings: fireplace, large balcony, Jacuzzi tub and an oversize room with a nicely appointed seating area.
The restaurant received a Michelin Star and by experiencing the dinner you will know why, and wonder why they did not receive more stars!

It looks a little funky and old but relax and take it all in. Look for the small stuff it's all there (i.e. real flowers in the room).

Room Tip: Barn is where to be;off the road and in the back of the place.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

You must stay here to experience the true level of hospitality that the inn embraces their guests in. The surreal ambiance is matched by only a few destinations...I commend the staff from the gardeners to the servers to the housekeepers to the front desk. They live by the old adage of a guest is not an interruption of your work but is your work...I will be back, and that is a promise... Thank you

• Stayed April 2013
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

During my honeymoon, I stayed at the inn for two nights and also ate dinner there on a Monday night.

Let's first talk about the food. The dinner we had here was hands down one of the most incredible meals I've had in my life. The service was impeccable and upscale, but also unpretentious and friendly. We went for the four-course meal, and everything we ate was excellent, from the curried steelhead amuse-bouche to the entrees and desserts. I would especially recommend the Dungeness crab starter, the buratta/heirloom tomato salad and the duck entree - all mindblowingly good and with really unique presentation and flavors.

I would also recommend when dining as a couple to order one dessert and one cheese course in lieu of a second dessert, so you can share both. The cheeses were all excellent and worth the piddly $5 supplement. The sommelier that night was a woman who was incredibly friendly an helpful with finding something suited to our meal, our tastes, and our budget. We ended up going with two French half-bottles which paired perfectly with our meal. The portions for all the courses were quite generous, and we were stuffed when we left - I think the three-course dinner would also make for a satisfying meal.

If you stay at the inn, breakfast is included, and the breakfasts did also not disappoint. They serve until 10:30 AM, which is great if you want to sleep in, and the coffee is incredibly good. The two-course breakfasts are different each day and are made with amazingly fresh ingredients.

I also loved staying at the inn in a luxury barn room, though I don't know that it lived up to the level of the food or the $795 a night price tag. It's very nice, but not $800 a night nice. I know it's Sonoma, but for that price, and with it being our honeymoon, I would have loved to receive a bottle of wine or at least some sort of acknowledgement other than the word "congratulations" printed on our bill.

The Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom was heavenly, as were the complimentary bath soaps and salts and body scrubs. I would definitely come back here for the food, but would probably try somewhere new to stay next time.

Room Tip: The barn rooms are gorgeous, with a private deck and jacuzzi. See if you can get a deal on a travel...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Farmhouse recently and were amazed at the customer service and accommodations. The staff was exceedingly gracious and even went so far as to help me when my car battery died. The food was second to none and as fresh as it comes. We highly recommend a stay and dinner even if your not close.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have pretty high standards when it comes to what defines "excellence," but I have no problem rating this property at the top of the list. The entire experience was top-notch -- the people, the accommodations, the food... I love being able to enjoy luxury without snobbery. My only regret is that I didn't save more time in my schedule to just enjoy the property. Next time! And there will definitely be a next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!