During my honeymoon, I stayed at the inn for two nights and also ate dinner there on a Monday night.
Let's first talk about the food. The dinner we had here was hands down one of the most incredible meals I've had in my life. The service was impeccable and upscale, but also unpretentious and friendly. We went for the four-course meal, and everything we ate was excellent, from the curried steelhead amuse-bouche to the entrees and desserts. I would especially recommend the Dungeness crab starter, the buratta/heirloom tomato salad and the duck entree - all mindblowingly good and with really unique presentation and flavors.
I would also recommend when dining as a couple to order one dessert and one cheese course in lieu of a second dessert, so you can share both. The cheeses were all excellent and worth the piddly $5 supplement. The sommelier that night was a woman who was incredibly friendly an helpful with finding something suited to our meal, our tastes, and our budget. We ended up going with two French half-bottles which paired perfectly with our meal. The portions for all the courses were quite generous, and we were stuffed when we left - I think the three-course dinner would also make for a satisfying meal.
If you stay at the inn, breakfast is included, and the breakfasts did also not disappoint. They serve until 10:30 AM, which is great if you want to sleep in, and the coffee is incredibly good. The two-course breakfasts are different each day and are made with amazingly fresh ingredients.
I also loved staying at the inn in a luxury barn room, though I don't know that it lived up to the level of the food or the $795 a night price tag. It's very nice, but not $800 a night nice. I know it's Sonoma, but for that price, and with it being our honeymoon, I would have loved to receive a bottle of wine or at least some sort of acknowledgement other than the word "congratulations" printed on our bill.
The Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom was heavenly, as were the complimentary bath soaps and salts and body scrubs. I would definitely come back here for the food, but would probably try somewhere new to stay next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A total of twenty-five cottages, rooms and suites dot our 6 acre property. Recently renovated and re-decorated, each individual space offers a mix of historical whimsy, classic elegance and luxurious sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Hotel Forestville
- Farmhouse Inn And Restaurant
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Forestville, CA - Sonoma County