We stayed in this bed and breakfast having a lot of high expectations for $500 a night. We arrived and checked in. We were walked to our room by a nice bellman. The room itself is gorgeous. So spacious, clean- and they have some popcorn and chocolate that are complimentary for your stay. They do however charge for anything in the refrigerator.
We went back to the front desk because we did not have plans for our first night. The note left at our room stated the front desk had games and movies. Well the games (plural) consisted of one dice board game. There were DVD's for guest to borrow, but all of them were either unheard of or just bad movies.
This bed and breakfast is pretty far away from any town. There was no option for room service and the only option we had for food was ordering a pizza. We ordered one and they said they would deliver by 8pm. about an hour after ordering we received a call stating the pizza place would no longer deliver. However the bell man went and picked it up for us. I thought this was great customer service.
the next morning we went to our included breakfast. It was nice and tasty. But then they brought us a bill. The bill showed that our breakfast "normally" would cost $50.00, and then there was a space for a tip. Considering the only people who eat breakfast are people who are staying at the bed and breakfast, who have already paid $500 + for this stay, this was very disappointing. The whole purpose is to get you to leave a tip for the server. The server asks what you want to eat and brings it to you. You have get your own drinks and refills at the counter. I have been to quite a few B&B and never have had a bill brought to me after eating breakfast... are you kidding me? like you really are not making enough money from your guests?
If a guest wants to leave a tip, they will- for example when the bell man went out of his way to pick up our pizza, i left him a deserved tip. But to basically force that is ridiculous.
I dont want you to think this hotel is awful by any means. They have luxurious rooms, a extremely expensive ($250) but good onsite dinner, a bath bar with soaps to choose from, they deliver cookies at night.
But for the cost, how far away from everything it is, the fact there is nothing to do, no where to eat, and the sense that this place is more of a hotel then a bed and breakfast. (There is nothing bed and breakfast about it really).
This was our least favorite stay in napa valley for the holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A total of eighteen cottages, rooms and suites dot our 6 acre property. Recently renovated and re-decorated, each individual space offers a mix of historical whimsy, classic elegance and luxurious sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Hotel Forestville
- Farmhouse Inn And Restaurant
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Forestville, CA - Sonoma County