“Nice, many little details, wonderfull dinner” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7871 River Road, Forestville, CA 95436   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Forestville
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cozumel, Mexico
“Nice, many little details, wonderfull dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Arrived late, no one to help us with lugage, nice rooms, many nice little details, we enjoyed our stay here. Very nice breakfast, wonderfull diner.

We recommend this charming hotel!!!

Would stay here again

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

519 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We originally reserved a Heritage room and were pleasantly surprised to receive a complimentary upgrade to a barn room when we arrived. After traveling for 15 hours to get to the inn, the first thing I did was jump into the giant jacuzzi tub in the room. The inn offers complimentary body scrubs, soaps and bath salts which we enjoyed immensely. My travel headache was gone and I was felt relaxed and at home instantly. Brandon brought the most delicious s'more chocolate chip cookies to the room, and tonight we are looking forward to dinner in their acclaimed restaurant and s'mores on our patio. I will be sad to leave tomorrow but I look forward to returning to this gorgeous, peaceful setting in the future.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went to Farmhouse Inn for the first two nights of our honeymoon. It was very nice, but not amazing. They did offer us an upgrade for extra $ on the day we arrived, and I enjoyed our room, but expected a bit more when paying ~$400 per night. Especially on our honeymoon. We did not feel "special" as we did at other places we stayed on our honeymoon.

The breakfast was very, very good. Although, there were only two options and it was not possible to make any substitutions, so it could be a problem if you did not like either option. Also, breakfast is not available until 8:30 am, which seemed a little late, but didn't affect us much.

I loved the complimentary bath salts and soaps that they made available to guests. Also, the chocolate chip cookies and milk at night were a really nice touch.

We went to one of the Farmhouse Inn "partner" wineries and it didn't seem like we received any VIP treatment after we mentioned that we were staying at the Farmhouse Inn. Not sure what we were supposed to get, but they still charged the full tasting rate.

Definitely above average, but did not blow my mind.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
csb0214, Owner at Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thanks so much for choosing to spend part of your honeymoon with us! I'm sorry to hear that the stay didn't completely "wow" you! Historically we have had just the two choices for breakfast, and we've verbally offered to prepare eggs any style, fruit and granola or oatmeal if those options were more appealing. But, to make it easier and more enjoyable for our guests, we have acutally changed our menu to now offer more variety. We also now offer fresh baked pastries from 7:30 am on, for those guests who would like a bite a little earlier. And, I'm sorry to hear about the wineries! We generally hear such great things about how they treat our guests. But, we have just printed cards for our guests to present at our partner wineries, and hope that will eliminate any chance of a Farmhouse guest going unrecognized!
Thanks so much for the feedback. And we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

From the moment we reserved thsi wine getaway, Farnhouse worked to make sure every detail of our trip was handled. We used the spa services and Gretchen and Zoe were phenomenal. The concierge arranged for a car and driver to take us on our Wine tour and Ian was incredible. Brandon provided a personal touch and the cookies he left each night were awesome, We stayed in the barn rooms and they were exceptionally nice. We were in room 15 and it had an incredible porch with inside/outside fireplace. The "lobby" had soaps and scrubs that were complimentary and we enjoyed all those especially the avocado blend. Breakfast was included at the Farmhouse restaurant and it was very unique and quite tasty. Especially enjoyed the strawberry soup.
Ceiling fan in our room made a terrible noise if you tried to increase the speed. The staff tried to no avail to fix it and they did offer alternative fans; however, this detail should have been taken care of at the price we paid for the room. The television includes a "Harmony" remote and we had difficulty with it every time we tried to use it. We never could get a DVD to play. There were instructions for use but they did not work.
Overall a wonderful experience that we hope to return to.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
I'm so glad you had a great stay with us, and we're all looking forward to having you back. I have to say that one of the most frusterating things in hospitality, are things that break and can't immediately be fixed. It was so unfortunate that the fan chose that weekend to go on the fritz. The inn was full, so we couldn't move you to another room, and it was hot, so that fan was important! Unfortunately, they're hardwired in, and mounted to 12' ceilings, and our electrician ended up taking most of the day on Monday to repair it. I'm glad we had the other fan to offer! And, yes, sorry about those remotes. They are universal, but not entirely straight forward. Brandon, or any of our staff is happy to offer a little tutorial at check in or whenever you need. And, they have been reprogrammed and simplified. So, hopefully your next stay will be perfect!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at the Farmhouse Inn. We researched places to stay in the wine country and kept coming across great reviews for the Farmhouse. It did not disappoint! We have enjoyed many nice hotels and inns but this one tops the list. The customer service is outstanding! My husband worked with the concierge before our arrival to set up a guided wine tasting tour which was fabulous. The suite was beautiful. We stayed in the barn. We could not have asked for a more peaceful, romantic environment to celebrate our anniversary. The restaurant is exquisite - the food was delicious. Breakfast at the restaurant is included in your stay. It is fresh and well worth it! We would definitely make a return visit to the Farmhouse Inn and highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2012
Freeport, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I traveled to the wine country for a week and had the good fortune to stay at the Farmhouse Inn for 3 days. Bliss began with the incredibly friendly and warm staff who offered us water, tea, and soda for refreshments, updated us on nightly fresh baked cookies and a s'more kit that could be delivered to our room. We were also told us to help ourselves to various bath and shower products that were available. Next we were brought to our room (suite) in the barn, and left to relax which we did...immediately. Our suite was fully accessible as I require crutches for walking, with the exception of the four poster bed that must have been almost 4 feet tall and required that a step stool be brought to help me access the bed. This was the one glitch in our stay, but my husband's recommendation that they remove the box spring was done after the first night and this took care of the problem. The Farmhouse Inn is definitely about the guest and we really experienced the staff making every effort to ensure our stay was wonderful, ranging from winery and restaurant recommendations to the bag of fresh figs the waitstaff gave me because I told them I loved figs.

Speaking of figs, I ate one of the best desserts EVER there. The homemade fig newton with lightly caramelized figs, cinnamon ice cream, and port caramel sauce was amazing. And as a formerly professional cook I have seen my share of flavored foams accompanying first courses and desserts as if they were a mark of culinary excellence, but this is the first restaurant I have ever been to where the foam which accompanied my halibut crudo appetizer didn't turn to a puddle and provided a light lemongrass flavored sauce for the delicious fish. Stuart's dungeness crab timbale with heirloom tomato gazpacho was astounding and his steak was deliciously crusted and fork tender. We won't even talk about the chocolate souffle. Breakfasts were innovative and hearty with two choices each morning including items like mango soup, steak and eggs, belgian waffles, etc. However, if you want something lighter they are more than happy to do this as well. My only criticism was the morning coffee which we found too weak, although the decaf which we had after dinner was quite good.

Unfortunately it was too chilly for the pool, and the s'mores were not available as bad weather prevented lighting the firepit, but we will just have to come back at a different time to experience these things. There is a spa as well but we had too little time, and too many wineries we wanted to visit, to try it out.

Bliss and deliciousness are not inexpensive, but if you are looking for a vacation, or even a night, where the food, the wine, the hospitality, and the surroundings will make you feel warm and welcomed, then this is most definitely the place to go. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
csb0214, Owner at Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thanks for visiting us- and thanks for taking the time to write this great review. I agree, the beds in the Barn can be a little overwhelming- between the pillow top, the feather bed and the duvet, it's, it feels like a bit of a climb! My 7 year-old daughter says it's like climbing into a cloud, but worth it... ;) I'm so glad you had the idea to remove the box spring!
And I'm glad you enjoyed the figs- our tree produces about a million tons a year, and we're so happy to find another willing consumer!
Next time you visit, ask for your coffee "staff strength"- we'll make you a special pot. I can't personally drink it, but my brother and the chefs swear by it...
Hope to see you soon.
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We went for our anniversary dinner to Farmhouse Inn and had the most exquisite meal and service. When I called to make the reservation, they asked if we had any food allergies/restrictions - I do - and made a point of confirming it with me again once we arrived (which was 3 weeks later). It was such a relief to not need to explain again. We especially enjoyed the wine pairings provided by the sommelier - very worth the extra charge. They even made a print out of the wines we had to take home with us!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!