My friend and I chose this inn for a girls' getaway weekend. We stayed in one of the heritage deluxe suites, at the rate of $645/night. I mention the rate only because, if we had spent half or even three-quarters that much, we would have left perfectly happy and satisfied. However, at $645/night we feel the experience didn't quite live up.
The positives: The room itself was spacious and nice, with a supremely comfortable bed. The little extras provided during the stay, like the gourmet munchies in the room and self-serve bath bar, were fun and indulgent. The inn's breakfast was upscale and delicious. All of the inn's staff was lovely and accommodating. We had dinner one night at the inn's restaurant, and our meal was very good. The inn's location in Forestville is perfect for exploring the Russian River area, and the inn has connections with some of the best wineries in the area.
The minor gripes: Our cottage room had a faint but distinct mildewy/sewagey smell throughout our stay. Housekeeping seemed to be aware of it because they used some sort of fragrance that helped cover it up during their morning and evening service. We burned travel candles, which also helped. The concrete pool area had an "old motel" feel to it that we found somewhat disappointing, especially given the cost of our stay. The surrounding plants and gardens were beautiful, and helped elevate the otherwise bleak pool area. Unfortunately, we had to cut our sunbathing short because the bees (actually I think they were yellow jackets) would not leave us alone. I had a 5pm massage appointment at the spa, and although the treatment itself was good, the atmosphere at the spa was a little strange. When I walked in, literally nobody was there. The place was empty and sort of depressing. There were no goodies or beverages laid out, no music, nothing to indicate they were expecting me. I waited by the spa desk for over 10 minutes, and was about to walk over to the front desk to find out what was going on, when a therapist came out of a treatment room, saw me, and went into another room behind the reception desk. My therapist appeared promptly after that, and led me to an outdoor pool cabana. Maybe the emptiness of the spa was due to the fact that I had a late-ish 5pm appointment, I'm not really sure. My therapist never addressed it and I didn't say anything about it. As mentioned, my massage was good, but I would recommend asking for a regular treatment room. I did not know my massage would take place in an outdoor pool cabana, and throughout the treatment I could hear loud motorcycles and other traffic noise from the road, a kid playing in the pool about 10 feet away from me, and guests walking right past to get to their rooms in the barn area.
In short, this inn is a lovely place to stay in wine country. The issues listed above were relatively minor and we never reported them to the staff. I would definitely return, but only in the off season when the prices are not quite as high.
- Also Known As:
- Farmhouse Inn And Restaurant
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Hotel
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Hotel Forestville
- Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant Forestville, CA - Sonoma County
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A total of eighteen cottages, rooms and suites dot our 6 acre property. Recently renovated and re-decorated, each individual space offers a mix of historical whimsy, classic elegance and luxurious sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, MrandMrsSmith, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Farmhouse Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.