“A little divey but a great experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Forestville
Cuisines: Pub
“A little divey but a great experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Although the Russian River pub is a bit divey, the food is good and the food and drinks are reasonably priced. We actually started and ended our trip here. Stopping the first night as we were just passing by (and having a great turkey sandwich special); and returning our last night because we were looking for someplace that was casual and reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

nebraska/cabo rojo
“Casual place to watch a ball game and good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We ate at the Russian River Pub because they promised to have one of their televisions tuned to the Nebraska v. Wisconsin football game. It is a bar and restaurant and has really good food. I had clam chowder for maybe the fourth or fifth time since we traveled to spot in northern California. It was the best I have had by far! My wife also had the clam chowder and gave it two thumbs up. Much later I had chili cheeseburger. They prepared it open style and it was excellent. My wife had a jambalaya dish on pasta. It was pretty good. The service was excellent and the wait staff and customers were very friendly.

Tip: The address is 11829 River Road, Forestville. Forestville also shows up on Hwy 116. If driving from Guerneville go straight instead of right of 116 over the bridge.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
WHITEHORSE
“Wings were great - service was not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The wings were excellent and made this worth the visit for sure. The service started out friendly enough but slightly uncomfortable with our server giving us way too much of her personal information. We got our food quickly and it was great but then we had to wait forever to get the bill which didn't end up arriving until my husband went in to the counter twice to request it. Finally we were able to pay and leave - it wasn't busy. I wouldn't want to go at a time that was regular hours for lunch or dinner - I expect you'd be left waiting for quite some time - but oh those wings were really great.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Petaluma, California
“Never again..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stopped by the Pub around 11:15am for breakfast. We have been here before and it has been decent but this time was very poor. I would say terrible but my husband liked his breakfast. I ordered the Huevos Rancheros brunch special and my husband had sausage and eggs. He had a screwdriver and I had a beer. There were about four tables eating inside and two outside. Only one other person at the bar when we sat down. More people came and sat down at the bar and ordered. I drank my first beer and still no food. Twenty minutes later......still no food. Ordered a second beer. At 11:50 my husband asked about our food. She said it was coming but there were a couple orders ahead of us. Huh? Everybody was eating when we got here! At 12:09 it finally came. My husband loved his sausage patties and eggs. My huevos rancheros were disgusting. The shell on the bottom was totally soggy. It said it had ground beef, re-fried beans and "all the fixings". No ground beef, the re-fried beans were pinto beans and the "fixings" were bell peppers, onions, chunks of jalapeno, olives and mushrooms with sour cream (a tsp. full) and guacamole ( a tsp. and a half full). It was nasty. The country potatoes were awesome. But, this isn't even the worst part. Once my husband asked about the food and it was delivered .....we had no service what so ever. Never asked us how we liked it, no drinks offers even though we had empty glasses.They had to stand next to us to use the credit card machine and still didn't offer drinks. We finished eating at about 12:40, no clearing of the plates, no check. Finally at 1:15 I had to ask for the check. She didn't say anything. She brought the check and I said thank you and she walked away without a peep. By the way we sat at the bar so it wasn't like you couldn't see us. Never again because of the horrible service.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Terrible service, decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Needless to say this would not have been on my list of places to stop - but I did not plan this part of the trip. There were 8 of us, we were the only people there when we arrived - but the amount of time it took for us to get our food was ridiculous, at least 45-50 minutes. We were late for a wine tasting appt. No major complaints on the food, but not overly excited either - hard to be when you wait that long for something.....

• Visited April 2012