My husband and I stayed at Batang Ai for two nights in September. It was a very quiet period at the hotel and only a la carte menus were available. Hence, we did not experience poor buffets others speak of. We found much of the food to be very good and the satays were really delicious. The local dishes were the best on the menu. Breakfast would benefit from the addition of some good brown bread and banana bread or similar. We were not so keen on the sliced white bread and pastries.
Our accommodation was spacious and on two levels. It was very quiet and I slept wonderfully well.
The highlight was the jungle walk and swim at the waterfall. It was about a two hour walk through beautiful but steep jungle. Our guide and boat driver were great and pointed out various species of plants and trees. After our walk, the swim at the waterfall was sheer bliss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the edge of the world's most ancient rainforest on the island of Borneo, the Batang Ai Longhouse Resort, Managed by Hilton is a self-contained haven on the 20 hectares shore of the Batang Ai Lake peninsula.275 km from Kuching city, the resort is surrounded by tropical rainforest just waiting to be explored.It takes a 4-hour drive and a 20-minute boat ride to get to the resort. A daily shuttle service is available from Hilton Kuching. A fee is applicable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Batang Ai Longhouse Resort, Managed by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Batang Ai Longhouse Resort, Managed By Hilton Hotel Kuching
- Hilton International Kuching
- Hilton Kuching
- Kuching Hilton