We are a family of four and heard that this place was to be good for a day trip and that there nice things to do. So we did book for 3 nights.
When we arrived the parking lot was under renovation! We where impressed from the out side of the Hotel and expected a very nice three night but... read on.
After we checked in we where guided to the hotel room. The first thing we saw was towels all over the hallway.
The hallway was very very untidy and dirty. When we opend the door to a very big room we where shocked. I have never seen something like this in my entirer live. The chair was brocken the floor was scratched, the wall was not painted for more than 10 years. When I opend the bath room there was mold all over the toilet. But one thing I have to say I don't know how they do it but there where no bugs and the bed sheets where surpisingly clean.
We imidatly desided that we want an othher room but the staff told us that all what they have is this room since the hotel is full.
Since we came from a long flight and I was to tired to drive back we decided to stay one night and leave next day.
For dinner we joint the buffet. This was the worst dining expirence we ever had. I would higly recomend to bring your own food. I will never go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colmar Tropicale was modeled after 16th century Colmar town, north east of Alsace, France, also incorporatingarchitectural designs and elements from ancient surrounding villages of Riquewihr, Turckheim and Kaysersberg. The realization of this French themed village derived from the wish list of the Malaysia's fourth Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad, who upon his visit to the region of Alsace were so impressed, that it inspired Tan Sri Vincent Tan, the founder of Berjaya Corporation Berhad to replicate the actual Colmar town in Malaysia.The resort comprised of 235 rooms and suites, offers 8 food & beverage outlets / lounges with food variety ranging from local & international cuisine to an authentic French fine dining restaurant. It also offers meeting rooms and banqueting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills - Malaysia Hotel Bentung
- Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills Malaysia/Bukit Tinggi