“Don't bother to stay or eat the buffet” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills

You added Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills to your Saves list
Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   KM48, Persimpangan Bertingkat Lebuhraya Karak, Bukit Tinggi 28750, Malaysia   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bukit Tinggi
Frankfurt
“Don't bother to stay or eat the buffet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

We are a family of four and heard that this place was to be good for a day trip and that there nice things to do. So we did book for 3 nights.
When we arrived the parking lot was under renovation! We where impressed from the out side of the Hotel and expected a very nice three night but... read on.
After we checked in we where guided to the hotel room. The first thing we saw was towels all over the hallway.
The hallway was very very untidy and dirty. When we opend the door to a very big room we where shocked. I have never seen something like this in my entirer live. The chair was brocken the floor was scratched, the wall was not painted for more than 10 years. When I opend the bath room there was mold all over the toilet. But one thing I have to say I don't know how they do it but there where no bugs and the bed sheets where surpisingly clean.
We imidatly desided that we want an othher room but the staff told us that all what they have is this room since the hotel is full.
Since we came from a long flight and I was to tired to drive back we decided to stay one night and leave next day.
For dinner we joint the buffet. This was the worst dining expirence we ever had. I would higly recomend to bring your own food. I will never go there again.

• Liked — nothing but the out side few in the rear few mirorr of my rental car
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Indonesian first
Muscat, Oman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

After reading all the reviews I went there expecting the worst. It is not so bad actually if you are able to adjust to it. Yes the sofa is a bit old and dusty but the bedrooms were clean, sheets were clean, bathroom was clean even though there were a few stains. Breakfast spread was good and overall a nice ambience with the french theme and all. It is worth the money to stay for 1 night. Dont miss the shows they have every night , fun to watch. Would definitely recommend going to this place at least once.

• Liked — The french themed surroundings, the shows in the evening, good breakfast
  • Disliked — Rooms could have been a bit better
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

We had an impromptu trip to Pahang and decided to stay at Colmar Tropicale since we haven't been there. We were WOWED the moment we reached there, at the French themed buildings and castles.

Upon arriving to the reception area, one of our Superior room had been cancelled accidentally and so we were upgraded to 1 Bedroom Suite. We took a while taking photos before we check into our rooms... so the NIGHTMARE began when we checked in our individual rooms (2 rooms of 1 bedroom suite).

My dad's room's toilet bowl water would not stop running and it will just refuse to flush! Their electric kettle did not have a lid and water kept on dripping from below! Luckily we saw this, or else my dad could have been electrocuted!!! The 3 of them (my dad, mum and sis) end up sleeping in a 'suite' with smelly bathroom (because of the flushing), my sis had a backache from the extra bed that we requested.

My room's hot water tap is not working, no water at all. Me and husband agreed that the room looked scary from the moment we entered. Couch at the living room was soooo old and the fabric was torn apart. Bath tub looked so greasy and black that we didn't even dare to take our showers there. Infact we didn't shower the next morning because the water that came out of the shower head was brownish, which we think was water mixed with the brown residue which was on the shower head.. Euuuuwwww....

We had our dinner at L'Orient. It's a bit expensive but still more worth it than the whole stay itself! The game room is rubbish, a lot of the arcade games are faulty without a sign, so we ended up playing games worth RM3 which was faulty!

Performance by Hollywood Stars is good.

I couldn't sleep at night because of the knocking sound coming from dont-know-where in the middle of the night in our bedroom, just as me and hubby laid on the bed at 11.30pm. The knocking was like a person using a hammer, hammering a nail on the wall, on and off, wouldn't stop until about 3.00am. Was it renovation in the middle of the night or ghosts??

Next morning, we went for breakfast which was not great at all. Spend the morning taking family shots and then we hurriedly checked out at 10.30am.

We visited the Rabbit Park, which we think is the overall attraction of the whole stay besides the scenery of the resort. But its definitely not worth the RM350 we paid per room for the stay!!!!

Will not recommend anyone to stay here but only to pay RM16 per adult for a day visit. But PLEASE DO NOT STAY OVERNIGHT!
I would rather you save that money for a better stay in Downtown KL!

• Liked — The infrastructures of the French themed resort.
  • Disliked — The rooms!!!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

My brother told us of resort. He was not impressed but we had to experience it ourselves. Brother's correct - we too are not impressed! We booked and paid on-line for two nights. After breakfast the next morning, our room keys would not open our bedroom door. The clerk at reservation desk told us that keys cards were deactivated cos the check-in clerk had activated them for only one night. The cleanliness was much to be desired and certainly, the resort looked great only from outside. Our bedroom's plastic bath was almost black from dirt and grease, the rubbish bins were never emptied and the whole room was not vacuumed. Dust every where. T.V. in bedroom was just sound and no picture. The lift also missed the daily cleaning. Buffet breakfast was typical of most Malaysian hotels, but any spillage was not cleaned unless complained. Food ran out by 9 am even though breakfast finished at 10.30 am. The general staff was dour, unfriendly and had little knowledge of English. The standard is definitely not on par with Malaysian beach hotels in Langkawi or Penang. We're certainly never going there again and definitely discourage our friends from staying there. Shame that!

• Liked — Looked good in photographs only
  • Disliked — Dirty bath
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

For those who is planning for a trip to Bkt Tinggi, let me tell you this, don't even think of spending a night in Colmar Tropicale. It is totally overcharged for the price of RM 300- RM 400 per night. I went there this year last Feb 2008. The first day I've reached the hotel reception at 12pm , I saw a long queue and we proceed to join the queue as well. When it's our turn we been referred to come back at 3pm as the room is still not ready yet. Ok fine...we came back at 3.30pm but this time not much of crowd. We started to queue up and to my surprise we waited another 1 hour to get our room check-in. Finally by the time we check-in and get our luggage in the room, it is already 5pm. The room is just plain lousy with the wooden frame bed that looks like gonna fall into pieces. It's not what you seen on the website. It is a total disappointment when you see the room. The best part is when we went for breakfast the next morning, we have to queue up for another 30 mins just to get ourself a seat. The buffet breakfast was not replenished and left empty for the next crowd to come in. I still see people lining up outside awaiting for the seats. The service is just so poor.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The service of the staff and the room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2008

Stay on february 2008, in the week of CNY holiday!! The price around the year isn't RM131 but the most cheap and not peak season olso RM 150!! please, dun go there, It is not worth it at all!
Outdoor looks nice and beautiful with so so cold weather.. But nightmare start when u check in and go inside ur room.. WTH,, the wood floor so discusting, the bed so old, furniture also old and need to be change new one.. Very scary room.. More detail about the bed i think colmar tropicale no wash the bedsheet and the cover for so long,, Its smelly!!! I hate to sleep there with my husband, better i came back to my own bed!!
Freaking expensive of small mineral water, Rm4 !!
The japanese tea area and the rabbit is fine, not amazing at all..
When dinner time came, its only few restaurant there, and all is NOT CHEAP AT ALL.. U cant do anything in the nite, there's no activity in colmar tropicale except u make it urself in ur scary room,, haha..
The most suck is the food for room service, my husband ordered nasi lemak that price Rm20 ++ , and when it come , the food is not delicious and i know the actual price actually only 3rm ++ IT IS NOT WORTH IT!! my sandwich also the same thing,,
please la BERJAYA RESORT COMPANY,, ur company so rich ,, renovation for COLMAR TROPICALE also small money for u!! IT really need renovation for ur run down resort..
It is only one night,, the next early morning, me and my husband checked out as soon as posible we can.. hahaha.. I will not let my frend go there!! IT IS SUCK!!

• Liked — The weather
  • Disliked — all from colmar tropicale i HATE
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

Upon arriving at Colmar, I was first disappointed with the dingy little elevator ride to the reception. From a distance, it looked quaint and charming but horror upon horrors...the service was simply apalling! We waited almost 40 minutes to get checked in as the service was slow. At such a peak period, the hotel should cater for this. The walls were in dire need of a coat of paint and the overall surrounding was indeed shabby. Upon entering the room, we notice that the cheap plasterboard bed was held together with some black duct tape!! The parquet looked worn and scratched by the claws of a very angry cat. The bathroom facilities were alright but very basic. The tiles were white but also rather tired looking. There were some problems with the hinges of the patio door leading to the balcony. How very shabby and distateful, paid RM 300 during peak period fo a 1 night stay.
We requested for our wine bottle to be opened repeatedly but this request seem to have fallen on deaf ears. We walked to the rrestaurant to get this done ourselves after waiting for 2 hours.The plates for the inhouse buffet could not have been replenished fast enough and it was apparent that the restaurant could not cater to the crowd. Without even asking our permission, a couple of strangers were dumped unto our table by the maitre d.

Would not recommend to anyone else.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Service and definitely not value for money
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills? Share your experiences!