We stayed at Colmar Tropicale for 1 night. I wouldn't say that the architecture impressed me that much. Obviously you can't compare it to French building in France. But still a good place to take pictures. Weather is not too hot or cold. No jacket is necessary. Room was big & spacious. Only downside is the electrical outlets are all at the bottom of the wall. So you have to put all your devices on the floor to charge if your wires are short. To boil water in the kettle provided also have to be placed on the floor. No other complaints about room. Safe is not provided but there's one at the lobby. Staff were friendly & courteous. Newspaper avail at lobby daily. Breakfast was more to Asian style. Outside are lined with a couple of restaurants/cafes & a bar. Food is expensive so we ate pizza which was rm39 . French bakery was lousy..normal bakery which I can find in my hometown. games arcade, billard room to provide enetertainment. Token were rm 2. Overall a gd place to unwind. Shuttle bus is avail to bring you to a few attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colmar Tropicale was modeled after 16th century Colmar town, north east of Alsace, France, also incorporatingarchitectural designs and elements from ancient surrounding villages of Riquewihr, Turckheim and Kaysersberg. The realization of this French themed village derived from the wish list of the Malaysia's fourth Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad, who upon his visit to the region of Alsace were so impressed, that it inspired Tan Sri Vincent Tan, the founder of Berjaya Corporation Berhad to replicate the actual Colmar town in Malaysia.The resort comprised of 235 rooms and suites, offers 8 food & beverage outlets / lounges with food variety ranging from local & international cuisine to an authentic French fine dining restaurant. It also offers meeting rooms and banqueting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills - Malaysia Hotel Bentung
- Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills Malaysia/Bukit Tinggi