Pros: Short distance from KL ; Great for quick break/ short vacation ; Romantic scenery ; Free shuttle transfer to gardens and parks ; Cool fresh breeze at night ; Cozy clean rooms ; All rooms come with bathtub
Cons: Pricey restaurants and convenient store
Hubby and I went to Colmar Tropicale for a quick break during our off days. This is a good escape not too far from KL, 2 days 1 night at this quiet hotel was just enough for us to rejuvenate ourselves from busy city life.
We purchased this deal a month ago with Agoda.com, it was RM197 per night (RM 228 included tax) for superior room, included buffet breakfast for two. We took the shuttle transfer from Berjaya Times Square hotel (RM110 for 2 person return trip). The shuttle was air-conditioned van with capacity of 9 guests. The ride was relaxing, it took about 45 minutes to reach Colmar Tropicale.
We tried our luck for early check-in and I was impressed with the excellent service from the reception, we were allowed to check-in at 10.50am!! It was Thursday probably they don't have many guests, but, they did earn a thumb up for this. The room was spacious, very clean, nicely decorated with French theme furniture, soft bed, and big window. Hubby and I love the antique deco in the bathroom, it made us wanna spend more time in the tub! Here’s the tip: bring a bottle of baby bath if you are coming for honey moon or romantic retreat, I bet you will enjoy the relaxing bubble bath together with your loved one!!
We encountered a little problem in the room, there was no hot water for the tub (it was warm, but not hot). Called the reception and maintenance guy came after 5 mins. They checked our bathroom and went to upper floor for inspection. Then reception called again informed us that it will take some while to fix, they also offered option to change to another room, and we took it.
Without knowing, the reception upgraded us to a bigger room! Which is almost double the size of our previous room, it came with a cozy wardrobe area. What a big surprise! We really appreciated it. Our first room had village square view and new room with mountainside view, both were great views but I personally preferred mountainside view which gave me more privacy.
No doubt this hotel is one of the most scenic hotels in our country. There is a Japanese Garden not too far from the hotel, about 5 mins drive (free shuttle transfer every hour). We had a good walk up hill to reach the Tea House, and took nearly 100 photos along the way with breathtaking scenery the garden had offered.
Now, about the food. Unlike some of the reviews here as well as in tripadvisor.com, we found the food was tasty. I agree with other reviews that the menu are pricey, however, we were lucky to get buy-one-free-one discount at La Boulangerie bakery, their freshly made chicken ham croissants were delicious. We had our dinner at La Cigogne restaurant, hubby ordered rib eye steak and I had lamb shrank; both were juicy and tasty, served with mashed potatoes and salad. However the portions were petty, just enough for me but hubby need a cup noodle to be fully satisfied. The buffet breakfast at La Blason was great, we went at 7am to avoid the crowd, got ourselves nice place to sit with terrace view. The food selection was wide, with local food (nasi lemak, ayam masak merah, mee goreng etc), western food (hash brown, sausage etc), breads, cereals, porridge... They also served half boiled eggs and scrambled eggs at the eggs counter. We went to La Flamme for lunch after checked out, had a vege pizza served on round wood, looks great and taste great too.
Hubby and I really enjoyed this vacation, definitely we will be back again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colmar Tropicale was modeled after 16th century Colmar town, north east of Alsace, France, also incorporatingarchitectural designs and elements from ancient surrounding villages of Riquewihr, Turckheim and Kaysersberg. The realization of this French themed village derived from the wish list of the Malaysia's fourth Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad, who upon his visit to the region of Alsace were so impressed, that it inspired Tan Sri Vincent Tan, the founder of Berjaya Corporation Berhad to replicate the actual Colmar town in Malaysia.The resort comprised of 235 rooms and suites, offers 8 food & beverage outlets / lounges with food variety ranging from local & international cuisine to an authentic French fine dining restaurant. It also offers meeting rooms and banqueting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills - Malaysia Hotel Bentung
- Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills Malaysia/Bukit Tinggi