Spent my sixth year anniversary at Colmar Tropicale with by boifey. It was rather a last minute thingy so we were rather lost on where to go for a getaway. It's our first getaway together, actually. Sadly it rained the entire time when we were there. We only managed to go sight-seeing for a day, and it was quite a rush. Went to see the Rabbit Farm. They have pretty cute rabbits and some are rather pampered. But it's kinda sad when we saw some of them with the fur rather unkempt and some with injuries, like they caught an infection on their body. Thought of riding the horses, but from where I stood at the Rabbit Farm, I can already smell the stench of the horses. On a closer look, I can see the horses' abdomen all covered with flies. Possibly the staff didn't clean them up much often. The food at La Blason was rather disappointing. Not much choices and the food mainly tasted bland. But the bar (Le Vin) had the nicest cocktails ever. Though there weren't many patrons. The music could be more updated actually. And the shuttle bus really wasted our time a lot. We wasted one hour just to wait for the bus and it really stinks that you really need the shuttle bus to commute from one place to another. So imagine how many hours have we wasted??
The only place we loved the most was the Japanese Village! It smelt so heavenly. If only it didn't rain, we could have stayed there longer. The fresh air was really beyond words. It's like you have freshly-picked leaves placed under your nose throughout our walk there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colmar Tropicale was modeled after 16th century Colmar town, north east of Alsace, France, also incorporatingarchitectural designs and elements from ancient surrounding villages of Riquewihr, Turckheim and Kaysersberg. The realization of this French themed village derived from the wish list of the Malaysia's fourth Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad, who upon his visit to the region of Alsace were so impressed, that it inspired Tan Sri Vincent Tan, the founder of Berjaya Corporation Berhad to replicate the actual Colmar town in Malaysia.The resort comprised of 235 rooms and suites, offers 8 food & beverage outlets / lounges with food variety ranging from local & international cuisine to an authentic French fine dining restaurant. It also offers meeting rooms and banqueting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills - Malaysia Hotel Bentung
- Colmar Tropicale, Berjaya Hills Malaysia/Bukit Tinggi