“Peaceful Respite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Foothill Ranch
Kailua, Hawaii
“Peaceful Respite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This was my first visit to this Courtyard property. It is in a bit of an unusual setting at one end of a small , yet diverse business park right on the edge of suburbia. It turned out to be a great locale with good access to everything nearby. The staff was very helpful in every way. Michelle was a gem at helping me find places I needed to go and the best ways to get there. Upon return, the hotel was very quiet and peaceful. If I am ever in this area again, i will definitely return to the Courtyard.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators whenever possible.
Green Features: Green practices were clearly evident with recycling containers and towel reuse policies clearly stated.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Devin H, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
We are so happy you enjoyed your time here! Thank you for your kind words about Michelle, we always enjoy when guests recognize what a great team we have!
We do hope to see you again in the future!
Aloha!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Carlos was amazing as well as the rest of the staff. I just loved that he remembered me from my last trip and was super friendly and helpful. Some of the girls even helped me out with a lint roller after I realized my cat decided to sleep on my work shirt before I left:) Tracy is also absolutely wonderful! My first trip here was for a job interview that I fortunately got selected for. Tracy and I traded emails before so I could keep her updated on the status of this job. She actually took the time to contact me and ask how it went and was super excited to see me again! Such an awesome experience:)

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Devin H, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you for writing such a great review about your stay!
We love our team here, and Carlos and Tracy are definitely an assett to the hotel!
We wish you well at your new job and hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This Courtyard property is a good choice for business travelers and families seeking a location in the south Orange County footprint. It's located in Foothill Ranch right off the CA-241 toll road, which makes access points a breeze.

The rooms are pretty basic Courtyard stock. I had a king bed room and enjoyed the in-room flat screen television which was at least 42 inches in size. Internet access was free, although the property offered a $4.95 per day upgrade in case the speed of the complimentary service wasn't fast enough. I found the complimentary service adequate.

At the back of the property was a pool and hot tub. The hot tub also featured a handicap lift chair for easy access. Nice touch for sure.

My Two Gripes: First, the hotel elevator was incredibly slow. It wasn't very efficient especially during busy periods of the day. Second, the service at the lobby bistro was incredibly slow. I love the concept of cooked to order food all day long. But they needed additional help. My first day there, I gave up waiting in line. And I was just one of three waiting to be helped. They need to institute a better system of service to move people through the process quicker. When I was waiting in line, there was a young lady who appeared to be the bistro's manager. Instead of helping guests with their orders, she did "busy work" behind the counter and left the order taking to her subordinates. She needed to offer assistance as well.

Around the hotel, there are plenty of food choices within a mile. Some of the choices include Chili's, Denny's, Pick Up Stix and some more formal restaurants in the town center.

Overall, I was fine with this property and would probably include it in selection when I return to the area. The staff was very friendly and it was clean. You could do a lot worse.

Room Tip: if you stay on the main floor, you won't have to deal with the super slow elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Devin H, General Manager at Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Atlanta Talkinghead,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us and fellow Trip Advisor travelers! We will definitely share your constructive feedback with our team and hope if you are ever in the area again you might be inclined to come back for a visit! We appreciate being able to get a bird’s eye view from the guests that stay with us and thank you for writing this review for us.
Kirksville, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Courtyard properties are pretty much universally the same, but this one was a bit of a stand out for the location. It was easy to get to, and there are plenty of stores (Walmart, Target, Ralphs) near by for anything you may need, and several restaurants so you are never hurting for a food choice.

The staff was friendly and accommodating, and I never had any complaints.

The overall area is quiet, which is always a plus. It did seem to have some heavy helicopter traffic near it, but I never heard it while in my room.

Cleanliness was always spotless.

Overall, a good stay for the dollar.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Devin H, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel.
We always love to read that guests had a great time while staying with us.
We hope to have you stay with us again when you are in the area!
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

As within the Marriott family of hotels where I've stayed everyone was very pleasant.
This location is easy to find, near many restaurants, and close to the tollway off and on ramps.

Pros: staff, dual pane windows to keep tollway noise to a minimum, parking, very safe location

Cons: room is beginning wear

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Devin H, Manager at Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for your review!
Our team strives to make sure everyone feels at home when they stay with us.
We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you are in the area!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

From the minute I walked into the lobby, I felt the warmth and caring of this staff. A special shout out to Guest Care Supervisor, Carlos Pantoja for going above and beyond to ensure my stay was comfortable. Circumstances that necessitated a local stay could not have been handled with more concern and my best interests at heart. The lobby was abuzz at almost 10 PM with small groups enjoying glasses of wine and snacks. It was like walking downstairs when your a guest in someone's home and everyone is socializing. My stay had the feel of a Bed & Breakfast. The hotel was very clean, beds extremely comfortable, quiet location yet tollroad close.

Room Tip: I had a lower level and heard no noise upstairs at all.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for writing such nice words about Carlos and our hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had a relaxing time. Our team loves to see people in the lobby enjoying themselves, and we are glad you were able to see that also.
We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Rancho Cucamonga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My company has been hosting business events at this Marriott for a number of years. They have always provided great service and made an extra effort to accommodate our guests as much as possible.

There are a number of places within walking distance to eat so it's great for those who Taxi from John Wayne airport and don't have any reliable transportation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Devin H, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you Christopher G for your great review! We are so pleased that we can provide great service to you and your colleagues while in the area. We look forward to many more visits!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foothill Ranch
#2 of 8 in Lake Forest
4.5 of 5 stars 147 reviews
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Lake Forest
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Irvine - Spectrum

Been to Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East? Share your experiences!