“Nice hotel, GREAT service!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Foothill Ranch
Escondido, CA
“Nice hotel, GREAT service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard in Foothill Ranch on Sunday night during Memorial Day weekend. We chose this hotel because we were coming in from Lancaster to watch our granddaughter play softball and the rest of the team was staying there. We called for a room on Saturday and spoke to Carlos Pantoja. We were really surprised that he was able to accommodate us on such short notice. Carlos was very friendly and helpful and let us know that they had plenty of parking for our RV. We were traveling in a motorhome with a tow car and when we became confused about the directions we got from our GPS we called the hotel and spoke to Robb Rigg who talked us through it to ensure we didn't get lost. He also let us know that we did not have to take the toll road as our GPS was directing us to use. When we got there Robb was waiting for us outside with a big, friendly smile and showed us where to park our RV. He was so welcoming and friendly and made sure we were completely taken care of. We were also warmly greeted by Shelly Narath as well. When I had a question about the nearest ATM, she not only directed me to the bank in the same parking lot, but also printed out a map to the nearest bank we had our accounts with. The lobby of the hotel was a great place for the team to hang out between games, with food and beverages available. I especially appreciated the fact that no one had a problem with the families bringing in food from outside. They have nice little areas with couches in the lobby that have individual TV's where our girls relaxed. They also have an area in the lobby with computers that the kids were allowed to use to play games which I thought was really a great feature! Our room was very nice and clean and the king bed was very comfortable. We were just so pleased with the customer service we received and would definitely use this hotel again. Just one suggestion: Since there is a Starbucks, a place to get breakfast burritos and sandwiches, and two restaurants in the same parking lot, plus plenty of other places to eat close by, Marriott might want to lower the prices of the menu items in their bistro if they want people to eat there.

Room Tip: If you are driving to the hotel on the 5 GPS and Google maps direct you to use the 143 toll road, bu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
650DerekB, General Manager at Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review about our hotel and hotel staff! I am so happy our staff was able to accomodate you for your stay. Our staff strives to provide excellent service, and it looks like they did a great job! We look forward to your next stay, and providing you with all that you need to make your stay enjoyable!

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great location convenient to all things in the area, including SNA airport, Newport Beach, Fashion Island, etc. Hotel is situated walking distance from a Starbucks, a Wahoo's Fish Taco, and a really good Thai restaurant, so that is great for those without a car.

This is also a "new lobby" Courtyard, so it has the Bistro with the good breakfast and dinner options, and the fitness rooms looked to have been recently redone as well. Although this property is an "older" Courtyard with the original design of the inner rooms overlooking an actual Courtyard/pool/hot tub area, my room was really clean and well-kept, and had a nicely renovated bathroom.

The staff was very nice; at check-in, Mio was great. She gave me a balcony room upgrade and a bottle of water, and made sure I felt right at home. Value of the hotel was good, too, for the area. I will stay here again when in the area for business.

Don't miss the entrance to this hotel, otherwise you may find yourself on the onramp to the 241 toll road; make a U-turn after the hotel if you miss the driveway entrance, then make another U-turn at the light and make your first right (after the Starbucks and Wahoos).

Room Tip: Inner rooms overlook the pool and courtyard area and may have balconies.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed here for 3 night on business and found the hotel good quality for the cheap price I paid. Breakfast facilities were fine with a coffee bar so good if you want to grab and go in the morning. Never ate any dinner in the hotel so cant comment of evening 'entertainment' but it look very quiet while walking through the lobby when returning. Sound proofing of the rooms are not great so stay away from the ice machine, loacted next to the lifts.

Room Tip: stay away from the ice machine! It noisy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed her to be close to our family over the Easter weekend. The best part was the fact that our Easter Service was just down the way. This location was extremely convenient for us being that our family lives in Ladera Ranch and attends Saddleback Church. Our room was comfortable! So happy there was a fridge for our leftovers from dinner (we took advantage of Wahoos located in the parking lot)!! The weather was great and we got to relax at the pool! The staff was super friendly, printed us directions to restaurants in the area, we enjoyed the lobby, there are these cool booths with tvs you can relax at and eat and watch tv or there is a big screen tv in the lobby that is neat to sit at while the husband surfs the internet on the computers in the lobby! I would highly recommend staying here and will use this location again when I am back to visit family again!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here for a quick overnight while visiting family in Mission Viejo. That being said, we didn't use any of the facilities. We had a little trouble finding it as we had mistakenly thought we booked a different location. Upon calling to confirm how to get there, the woman was very helpful. We thought is was nice, staff was efficient and would definitely stay again. We favor Marriott hotels as we are rewards members.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East Hotel, I can safely say this is easily the worst Marriott hotel I have ever stayed, I am a Platinum Marriot rewards member I have stayed in many Marriot hotels. This hotel consistently gets it wrong from one drives up to front door of the hotel. The following has happened to me frequently.
• Zero bellman or parking attendant to receive luggage and auto.
• Zero compliance with Marriott rewards, program.
Run down, and tired bed room furniture
Run down and tired lobby furniture
Even with reservation in advance it appears that they have no idea of the arrival of a Platinum member.
Zero upgrades, even when there are upgradable rooms available and the hotel is not full.

You have to almost beg the front-desk staff in order to be recognized as a MARRIOT REWARDS platinum member.
The front desk staff in the is lethargic and not motivated to help Platinum customer.
• Extremely poor management response, after about two hours of calling, finally a manager spoke to me, and I had to go to the front desk to meet her.
My overall assessment is that this a hotel lack a motivated team from management to the hotel worker. It is very clear to me the staff is not happy there and something needs to be adjusted.
Perhaps this hotel should go to another Marriot for refresher training.Unfortunately, this hotel is close to my business and because I loyal Marriott rewards member, I stay there, but I am never happy when I am staying at the Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East hotel

Room Tip: Rooms are ugly and run down
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
650DerekB, General Manager at Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I am very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our services and hotel amenities. We take great pride in providing all of our guests with an excellent stay and I'm very disappointed to see that we let you down. The hotel is a select service hotel which does not offer valet or bell service however if you are ever in need of assistance with your luggage we are always happy to help you get to your room. I am always available to discuss any challenges during your stay so please contact me directly next time you are with us and I will personally make sure you are well taken care of. The staff here is wonderful and we really enjoy working together and I will make sure to share this review with them so that we can work together to insure that all of our guests know that we are happy to host them and want all of our guests to know we care. Thank you again for your comments and I hope you give us another chance to shine for you in the future..
Derek
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. It is a standard Marriott property with the usual amenities. However, it has gone downhill. The room cleanliness was dissappointing and the rooms were starting to show their age. AC units are noisy. Road noise is definitely more noticeable than previous visits. Pillows are very uncomfortable. I even found myself stuck in the one and only elevator.

Room Tip: Try to find a room on a lower floor and avoid Portola and the tollway if possible. This will minimi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Foothill Ranch Irvine East? Share your experiences!