“Location farther east of 5 Fwy than I desired, Clean hotel, Staff very courteous, overall very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East / Lake Forest

Book Early and Save 25%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Foothill Ranch
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed for business retreat in Irvine. A bit farther east from the 5 fwy than I expected but hotel staff were very courteous, room was clean, bathroom was clean, bed was comfy. Hallway noise was a bit loud but nothing some inexpensive ear plugs couldn't fix. :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alfredo S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East / Lake Forest, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We are delighted you chose our Hilton Garden Inn when you were in town for business. Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate you letting us know. We are just beside Lake Forest exit from the 241 Fwy. We do apologize on the hallway noise. I am happy to read your comment on the cleanliness of the hotel and of course our friendly and attentive staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
richmond va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the HGI in Foothill Ranch. The greeted me when I walked in the door and resolved some billing issues without hesitation. However, with only 2 treadmills and one elipitical, I found the gym less than desirous.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Alfredo S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East / Lake Forest, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your wonderful experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East/Lake Forest. It is with great pride that we take care of our facility for the enjoyment of our guests. We will make sure to look into your concern about the number of our equipment in our exercise room. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Ladera Ranch, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

A group of us had three rooms for the night. The rooms were all clean and comfortable - they felt like we were lounging at home. The wifi is also pretty fast. The employees were willing to help and answer any questions we had. In the morning, we helped ourselves to the complimentary coffee and tea bar that they had available. Overall, a great experience. Definitely going to this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Alfredo S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East / Lake Forest, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy to hear that our staff is very helpfull on all your needs. We appreciate the time to write such a positive review. We look forward to having you back in the near future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at this property one night when attending a family function. I am a regular Garden Inn guest, and a HHonors Diamond member. The customer service was fine at check in/out. The room was very clean, comfortable, and roomy. For this, I would stay again. However - AVOID THE RESTAURANT.

With the Diamond benefits, free breakfast is included. The breakfast was "OK" but I would definitely not pay for this. The fruit and other offerings were very basic and not very inspired. The hot food the same, the service minimal at best. I also had dinner there but wish I didn't. The food was bad and the server was very inexperienced. I had to ask for a refund as the restaurant didn't offer to make another dish or take care of it. If I stayed at this location again, I would not eat any meal in the cafe but go to one of the many local places.

The hotel is near shopping and the Saddleback Church.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always appreciate constructive comment. We have taken your comment seriously and made sure that we are in brand standard when it comes to our restaurant. We are happy that you enjoyed the rest of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn- Irvine East/ Lake Forest and we would like to welcome you back in the future.
midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nothing out of the ordinary. if you've stayed at one Hilton Garden Inn....
The only differentiators is the staff and the location. In this case the staff was great.
Pros-
Staff.
Nice walking/running trail across the street.

Cons-
You need a car to get anywhere (except the walking trail.)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Joe_Leinacker, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East / Lake Forest, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for you recent stay. We are so happy to hear that our staff was able to leave a great impression! We look forward to having you back in the near future!
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This Garden Inn is located near the Foothill Ranch town center. It includes complimentary in-room coffee, coffee-maker, complimentary high-speed internet access with secure remote printing. in-room microwave and mini-refrigerator for only $124 on a Monday night. The room included a 32-inch flat-screen HDTV, a large work desk and an ergonomic Herman Miller desk chair.

As a Hilton Honors Gold member I also received either a full free breakfast or extra honor points. I selected the full freshly prepared Denver Omelet breakfast.

The small fitness center features free weights, Precor equipment, and flat-panel televisions. There is also an outdoor heated pool and whirlpool. This was a clean efficient good value. Of course free on site open parking lot was also included as usual.
Basic Hilton Garden Inn in the area

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, and highlighting our amenities we have to offer. We appreciate your loyalty as a Hilton Honors Gold member. We strive to not be just another basic Hilton Garden Inn in the area. Please let us know what we can do better to make your stays with us a 5 rating!
Buda, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

[1] When we checked in on Thursday 23rd Aug. 2012, I asked the front desk if the breakfast was complimentary and was told we would be charged by the item unless ordered from the kitchen which would be charged $12.99. The next morning (Friday) my husband ordered from the kitchen while I had the items set out in the breakfast area. When I asked the waiter how much it would be and he told me it was free and only items ordered from the kitchen is charged @ $ 12.95. I thought that was great but the next morning my husband and I both only ate only the items set out and the exact same waiter told me we would both be charged $8.99 each as "Continental breakfast". There was no sign anywhere stating this and it is not stated in the book in the room either. I then tried to verify this from the lady at the front desk and she had no idea how the breakfast was charged. ALL types of breakfast charges NEED to be advertised and the employees should all know how the breakfast works so that the guests are not kept guessing each day. Only the charges for "The Great American Grill" ordered from the Kitchen was advertised @ $12.95. [2] After we checked into Room# 237 on Thursday 23rd Aug, we noticed that the exhaust fan in the bathroom was not working - and my husband called the front desk and informed them about it that night and we said they could fix it the next morning since we did not want to be disturbed that night. We informed the Front desk the next morning (Friday) too - but that evening when we returned to the room, it had not been fixed. We informed the Front desk again on the following morning (Sat) - but again by that evening it had not been fixed at all. During the entire stay we had to take our showers with the bathroom door open each day.

Do not eat the breakfast....it is cheaper out in town. I am guessing that is why the price is not advertised. Don't be fooled with what's advertised - please ask and double check the prices before you eat.

We usually stay at either the Marriott or Hilton hotels when we travel and have always found the services at both hotels at all past locations, excellent. We usually patronize the Marriott on Portola (close to your hotel) when we travel to Orange County CA to visit my husband's family - but this time we thought of giving the Hilton a try - but our stay was very disappointing - and will be reverting to the Marriott on our next visit to Orange County.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Joe_Leinacker, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East / Lake Forest, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are sorry you experienced inconsistencies during your visit. I assure you the issues that you brought up in your review are by no means the norm and have been addressed with the entire management team. We would love to have the opportunity to regain your loyalty, so please feel free to contact me at joe.leinacker@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Irvine East / Lake Forest? Share your experiences!