“Rusty Wallace at South Sound Speedway” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 7 Attractions in Fontana
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics, Adventure
Portland, Oregon
“Rusty Wallace at South Sound Speedway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Today I had the opportunity to drive a race car as a birthday present. This was a great gift and an awesome experience. I decided to do a ride along first to see what these cars could do and the driver gave me a great ride. Then it was time for my turn behind the wheel. It was fun, exhilarating, and I wish it would have lasted several more laps. The instructor was great, the guys helping you get prepared for the experience were great and the spotter was easy to understand. I will definitely do this again - hopefully at a bigger track next time. If you are thinking about buying an experience for yourself or someone else, you will not be disappointed!

Port Orchard, Washington
“Amazing Experience Racing Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I can't believe how much fun I had. My wife surprised me with a 15 lap package for Father's Day. I didn't know what I was in for until we pulled into the speedway and I saw the cars on the track. I've driven fast cars but I've never driven a race car on a race track. Everything was amazing. The people were courteous and informative. The safety/briefing course was enjoyable and not dull or boring. I chose to do a ride along with an instructor to get a feel for what I was in for. I could have left after that ride and been satisfied but the best was yet to come. You wait your turn, which goes pretty quickly, and then you're up! They help you into the car and make sure you're buckled up and ready to race. Having a headset in and being able to hear your "spotter" only added to the thrill of the experience. 15 laps doesn't sound like a lot and honestly it goes quick, but when you're on the track its almost like time stands still for a few minutes. What a blast! I can recommend it to anyone willing to do it. Buy as many laps as your wallet (or wife/husband) will let you - you won't regret it.

I did this at South Sound Speedway in Washington state in June 2014.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Experience at Lucas Oil Raceway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife bought me a ride along program from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience. Since she used a Groupon to make the purchase, it was a little tricky setting an appointment online. However, the experience at the track was very positive and a whole lotta fun! I had previously enjoyed a two-seater ride in an Indycar at Indianapolis Motor Speedway and I have to say that my experience at Lucas Oil in a two seater stock car was well worth it and highly recommended.

Visited May 2014
Independence, Kentucky
“Excellent Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

On this past sunday i took part in the rusty wallace ride a long experience at the kentucky speedway. Check in was a breeze, getting a firesuit, helmet was quick. From the time i exited my car to get in the stock car was less than a half hour. I did show up early to make sure i made it in time. My time was 2:30 for the ride and i was in the car by 2:35. Totally worth the money and i will do it again

Aberdeen, Washington, United States
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Our racing experience was at South Sound Speedway near Olympia, Wa. I bought this for my husband for his birthday. He loves racing and he loves cars. He had a great time. Some of the cars were worse off than others, but for the most part it was well run, had good equipment, and the day went smoothly. We will be purchasing one for my dad since he had a hard time just being a spectator that day.