“Nice location in Folsom” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Folsom
Clovis, California
“Nice location in Folsom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is a nice hotel located in a nice place. There is nothing exceptional about the place, but it is so conveniently next to the outlet stores, the bike paths, and the light rail line that it is just the place we stay when in Folsom, Sacramento, and Placerville area. The hotel is clean, well appointed and the staff is friendly and helpful. The value for what you pay here is high and we have had excellent service during both our stays here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tracy K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Folsom, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us such feedback on your stay! We are glad you had a good experience with us. We look forward to having you back the next time you're in Folsom!

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reno, NV, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very clean and everything looked new. Employees very helpful and pleasant. Beds very comfortable, with sleep numbers. Lobby very welcoming. Lots of free parking. Good location, with fast food and restaurants close. Movie theater in same parking lot.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tracy K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Folsom, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us such wonderful review on your stay! We are glad you had a wonderful stay! Your feedback is exactly what we are working so hard for. Your response will be shared with all of our staff today in our daily meeting. We look forward to having you back the next time you're in Folsom!
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

What a disappointing stay I had at this small Folsom hotel in October. Their absolutely poor housekeeping efforts and just plain absent customer service put the Hilton brand to shame. Not only did the A/C sound like a plane was landing in my room, but there were nearly countless things wrong with the room: broken window screen, stained rug, double lock broken, peeling paint in the bathroom dirty entry door, guest room directory stained, dirty glasses...well, you get the idea!

It seems a shame that I had to inspect Hilton's rooms as a guest while they evidently did not! I complained to the front desk not one...not two..but three times and was dutifully told my comments (and my list above) would be passed onto the General Manager, who would contact me. Of course, I was never contacted by any manager. I then asked for a contact at the Corporate office and was told by a clerk that they didn't have that info (really?).

Ironically, I did receive a note from the Housekeeper (on plain white paper, no letterhead...odd) apologizing for the rug stain and crediting me a night's stay. While this was certainly appreciated, I had to chuckle since all of the other issues were still evident when she checked the room (outstandingly broken screen, dirty glassware).

Hilton needs to go back to the drawing board on this one: clearly there are no standards of excellence here, and the staff sorely needs customer service training. My recommendation: stay at another hotel if you visit Folsom!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am sincerely sorry that we did not provide the level of service that you should be able to expect from a Hilton hotel - our staff is expected to ensure every request is met or exceeded and I am disappointed that we did not in this case. As we are always looking for ways to improve, I am thankful for your specific comments about your experience.

Thank you again for staying with us as I know there are many lodging choices in the area.
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel was the first in series of hotels I stayed in California and Folsom in particular. I did not have issues finding the hotel and free parking lot nearby. Check-in was fast and easy. They asked if I’d like to settle in a room on higher floor or closer to ground. Based on my past experience I avoid staying on ground floors. So I intentionally took a room on fourth floor.

The room met me with good door with door eye and internal latch inside, everything as I like. Also my room had small fridge, microwave oven and a telly with wide screen and many channels.

I had long trip and badly needed shower, some rest with a cup of tea and long sleep. In the bathroom I found decent soap, very good shampoo and conditioner. But shower gel did not exist anywhere what surprised me. So I used the soap and was content of it. Adjustable showerhead had several settings with massage effect; I cannot say it completely removed my weariness but I’d say it was stimulating.

As I always write in my reviews I need hot tea to regain hydration after long trips. This hotel upset me. The gentleman on reception told me that the room was equipped with a device which was capable of making tea. In fact it was not: the coffee-maker was able to make synthetic coffee from several coffee packs lying near the coffee machine. It could not boil water for tea, needless to say that tea bags were not observed either. This greatly disappointed me.

I had to call to the reception and explain the situation with tea. Although it was late they invited me downstairs and fixed a cup of tea for me. Very nice of them, I appreciate. Still I hope that after this review the hotel management will consider having real tea makers and supplying tea bags to rooms.

The room was really good: everything was clear and spotless. Well, this is Hilton. I liked the bed, it was just fine for me and I had good rest that night.

One thing which I expected in the room but missed was light switches that many hotels place both at entrance door and near the bed for guests’ convenience to operate all lamps with one gesture while you are in the bed. This hotel does not have such useful features unfortunately; I had to cross the room to switch off lamps.

The room was standard and had iron and ironing board but to my regret safe box did not exist. That was strange as I expected that all business hotels of such level are supposed to have safe boxes.

Now let me tell a few words about breakfast. You know, the first meal of day in the US hotels are typical. This hotel varies from others as that was the first hotel where I had real hot oatmeal porridge for breakfast! I tell you – I enjoyed it. Additionally I noticed omelet, hot sausages, muffins and tea branded by Starbucks.

There are other places where you can grab something to eat. Some of them are literally in walking distance from the hotel: Burger King, Burgerocity, McDonalds, and many other of fast food places.

The location of the hotel is good – it does not face big roads but not very far from them. There is even more: Folsom Premium Outlets are right across the street. You know, I’m a traveler from Europe and US brands usually do not impress me much but the Folsom Outlets might be a good place for shopping. I found many shops with attractive brands, think about visiting this small outlet village.

The conclusion: the hotel is not perfect and certain things could be improved but it was rather good for one night stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay! We are glad you overall had a good experience with us and appreciate your specific thoughts on our coffee makers. Hilton recently rolled out our new coffee makers called a Keurig which you had in your guestroom. These coffee makers are single cup makers, that require a single use pod of coffee, decaf coffee, tea or hot chocolate in order to brew! In your guestroom there should've been a bigelow tea pod which would allow you to brew up a cup of tea. I am happy to hear the front desk agent assisted you by making you a cup of tea, however I apolgoize that you weren't able to do so in your guestroom. Should you be back in the Folsom area, we'd love to have you stay with us, so we can enjoy a cup of tea with you!
San Jose, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Quiet and clean hotel located near Old Town Folsom and mall; expensive breakfast ! Good access to freeway and downtown Folsom; excellent service; quiet parking lot and felt very safe there; obviously newly renovated and done very tastefully

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay! We are glad you overall had a great experience with us, and appreciate your specific thoughts on our breakfast. Your feedback is exactly what we hope for as we are always looking for ways to improve. Your response will be shared with all of our staff today in our daily meeting. We look forward to having you back the next time you're in Folsom!
Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My experience at the Hilton Garden Inn in lovely Folsom, CA was quite lovely. The hotel is conveniently located adjacent to restaurants and a shopping outlet, and provided a lovely walk on a fall evening.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback on your stay! We are glad you had a great experience with us. Your response will be shared with all of our staff today in our daily meeting. We look forward to having you back the next time you're in Folsom!
Huntington Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We walked into the Hilton Garden Inn without a reservation and were pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff and welcoming lobby stocked full of everything a traveler might want or need. Got a nice room at a reasonable rate and a recommendation for a local Italian restaurant for dinner. Perfect for last minute stay or for a planned visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tracy K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Folsom, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback on your stay! We are glad you had a great experience with us! We look forward to having you back the next time you're in Folsom!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Folsom? Share your experiences!