“Great! Except for one thing...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Folsom Shop and Getaway
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Folsom
Elkhorn, Nebraska
“Great! Except for one thing...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

After staying at several HGI's, this is one of the nicest I have been to. Great lobby, nice morning breakfast buffet, comfortable room. Only downside was how small the fitness center was. Three treadmills and a stack of freeweights with one mirror, room not even large enough for two people to lift weights.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Rooms not maintained, spoted in carpet, room info book was in bad shape and only contained a menu. There was an add for Happy Hour, but the bar was never stocked so no Happy Hour for the whole week. Paid $170.00 a night and they still wanted $11.00 for breakfast and for what I was of the the one I got for $10.00 at Burger King was better.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tracy K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Folsom, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dean -

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize you were disappointed in the appointment and value of our guestrooms. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience, and hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Have a great day!
Tracy Kopshy
General Manager - Hilton Garden Inn Folsom
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a very clean hotel with a nice, inviting, friendly lobby & staff. Located in a shopping center with a large grocery store and a few fast food places. We have stayed there before & will stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Salt Lake City, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions and have never had a problem. The hotel is always clean, the staff friendly and the rates a good value for the accommodations received. It is located near numerous restaurants with easy access to the freeway. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Fremont, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel has always been a great location for my husband's annual softball tournament in Folsom. There are so many local amenities, it would be hard to believe that a person would not find something they like for a eating, shopping, entertainment, etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

folsom, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

the hotel was very clean! staff was polite, friendly and professional. would definitely stay here again! found this while searching online and booked at midnight prior to arrival. we didn't have a chance to use their abundant amenities (pool, restaurant, gym) but would like to do so in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

San Jose, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

When booking a reservation at such a reasonable price I have to admit I wasn't expecting much. However, upon arrival to the Hilton Garden Inn my out look on my stay quickly changed. As I entered the hotel I was taken back by the gorgeous lobby. Seriously impressive! I It was modern, and chic, yet quite "homey", and inviting at the same time. Incredibly well designed and decorated, really I cant say enough about it! Although my first impressions blew me away I figured for sure that they had spent so much energy and effort on the "wow" factor of the lobby that there was no way the rest of the place could reflect the same amazing quality and attention to detail. Again I was thankfully proven wrong. The front desk gentleman was very nice and attentive without being overly gracious and annoying. I was further impressed by the good size of my room. It was also so inviting, much like the lobby, not to mention clean and comfortable. I slept like a rock and was ready for the long day I had ahead of me by the time I checked out. Unfortunately due to my schedule, I was unable to take advantage of their breakfast amenities however I checked out what they were cooking up on my way out, and I have to say, "What a spread!!" Overall a very pleasant stay, and an eye opening experience for myself. I've never been much of a traveler but my new business venture has changed all that. So if I ever return to this area I will definitely be back, and the next city I end up traveling to I will definitely look for a Hilton Garden Inn before settling for anything second best. Thanks again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Folsom? Share your experiences!