“have went back over and over again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 227 Restaurants in Folsom
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“have went back over and over again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I don't even like Chinese food .. it is usually greasy and not very flavorful .. This place is has amazing taste and amazing price. I don't know how they even make any money.. The owner is awesome also.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Folsom, California
“food & service are excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My wife and I ate dinner last evening at the Lotus 8 Asian Cuisine restaurant. I ordered the half-order of Peking Duck and an order of Honey Walnut Shrimp. My wife ordered the Mui Shu Pork. The flavorful duck was tender and the duck skin was crisp. The larger-than-usual shrimp were properly cooked and the sauce was divine. My wife loved her Mui Shu Pork. The service was prompt and helpful, giving us background on the elements of different dishes. So, why not an "excellent" rating overall? Ambiance... the restaurant is four walls with a minimal Chinese decor. So, in my opinion, Lotus 8 is not quite the complete package. Nevertheless, given the quality of the food and the service, we will be returning again and again. (As a side note, I noticed that more than half of the diners were Asian.) "Traveling the world one meal at a time..."

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Folsom, CA
“Good Chinese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We decided to give this place a try after it was recommended to us. I was very impressed with the quality of the food. I usually refer to the breaded Chinese meat dishes as breaded cardboard or mystery meat, as the breading is usually thick and the meat thin, tough, and unidentifiable. We had the orange chicken and the honey walnut shrimp. The shrimp were large, well cooked with a light sauce. The orange chicken had larger chucks of chicken then I've seen in any Chinese restaurant before. The breading was light, the sauce was very tasty, it was the best orange chicken I've ever had. The pan fried noodles with seafood was a large portion with a tasty sauce. We will definitely eat here again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fair Oaks, California
“Great place to eat if you are up for a night out, or celebrating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We love this restaurant for celebrations or a night out. So here is the scoop, ask for Michael if you want to try something different that is not listed on the menu, something that is more authenic, or you want something specially made. Our favorites are the chun fun Singapore style! fish with green beans and black bean sauce or the pepper beef. We love the orange chicken which is made with a bit more vinegar than Chinese-American restaurants.
You can bring your own wine or buy wine. We have had family outings here and ordered a tasting menu. Family loved it.
Finally, the service is impeccable, very professional and attentive. Hive it a try.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sacramento, California
“Mixed Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I had lunch at Lotus8 today. The service was fine and the owner visited each table -- a nice touch. Our main courses were excellent (lamb with ginger and scallions and Peking spare ribs). However, the soup and salad that were included with the lunch menu were lacking. The hot and sour soup was overly spiced and the mixed lettuce with dressing was not worth eating. I would go again and skip the included soup and salad.

Visited May 2014