“Far from the best Folsom has to offer” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #113 of 222 restaurants in Folsom
Cuisines: American
Sacramento
“Far from the best Folsom has to offer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hampton's on Sutter's atmosphere is good and fun, and the service is as friendly as you will find; but that's about all it has going for it. The service, while very friendly, is adequate at best but is a bit slow and needs to be more attentive. We had to remind the server to bring us parts of our order and once all the food was finally served, she pretty much disappeared until she emerged with the check.

As for the food, temperature is a huge problem. Not one item at our table was served hot, even the hot water for the tea was tepid and had to be sent back. The burger--burgers seem to be their featured menu items--was overcooked and had no real flavor. Nothing we ate seemed to have any seasoning whatsoever. Honestly, fast food burgers have more flavor. Everyone had the same comment, regardless of what they ordered, that it was all pretty bland.

Hampton's is a bit on the expensive side. If the food had been good, my complaint would have been about portion size. For the price paid, the portions are quite small and I left still somewhat hungry... and I am not a big eater.

Hamptons is certainly not the worst restaurant I've ever been to, but if you're dining in Folsom there are many places with better food, better prices, and better portion size. Unless I hear consisted reports that there has been a serious improvement, I won't be back.

• Visited December 2012