“Wnderful Dinner & Service” 5 of 5 stars

250 Palladio Pkwy, Folsom, CA
916-817-1490
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chops Steak Seafood & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 222 restaurants in Folsom
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: This restaurant is about one month old and is the second Chops to open in the Sacramento metro area.
El Dorado CA
“Wnderful Dinner & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We (4 of us) went to dinner for my birthday, We were greeted as we walked in by the owner Trish. When she found out it was my birthday, I was given a glass of Gloria
Farrar champagne. We then were escorted to our table in front of the fire place. Randy was our waiter could not have been nicer. We ordered the porterhouse steak for 2. It was SO good. As it was my birthday we got a free desert which we shared. All in all it was one of my best birthdays! We were made to feel so welcome. WILL go back

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
“Not worth the wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I tried to have dessert here with my girlfriend. It was very busy. The staff were far from helpful...we stood near the door for nearly 30 minutes without anyone asking us if we needed anything. Luckily for us, we had eaten at Via Roma in Rocklin prior to our arrival. Otherwise, we would have been very hungry. I have travelled far and wide and almost always give the restaurants that I choose the benefit of the doubt; but tonight, Chops failed miserably. I have eaten at a Chops Restaurant in the past, and the food is a step up from Sizzler. I will give it two thumbs up for the decor, but I cannot endorse this restaurant and strongly encourage readers to avoid it at all costs.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pollock Pines, California
“Pretty Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Last night we tried this place and we were pleased with what we experienced. We ordered the dinner for two which included a porterhouse steak for two; crab cakes; glazed carrots; and an additional side-we had potatoes. It also came with a very delicious deme glaze and we paid an extra $8 to have our steak Oscar style with a sauce and crab meat. We also stared with a salad which to me was a bit rich bit my husband loved it. We didn't order drinks but we heard they are really good.
I do have to say that the other reviews of waiting in the beginning are TRUE. We would've waited also but I had read the reviews and asked for our server after about 15 plus minutes of not having even bread. They apologized very sincerely and after that the service was very good and pleasant.
We will go back but probably not order such a decadent spread. We would like to try the burgers and I'd like to try more of the salads. You will be please to try this place!
We

northern california-east bay
“Soggy sandwich and SLOW service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We have been meaning to try out Chops restaurant located in the Palladio center by the theater, so tonight was the night and we went in without a reservation. They had a wait list for a Sunday night -- even though it wasn't even 6pm yet (there were vacant tables) so we decided to eat a lighter meal in the bar area-- and they do allow you to order off the regular menu there. After waiting for over ten minutes the bartender who was the only person working the entire area came over and wanted our drink order - we asked for water which took another ten minutes. It appears management needs to figure out their staffing needs! When he finally came back with the water we figured we better order or die of hunger so we chose the crab and artichoke sandwich and the AHI appetizer. Another ten minutes for the ahi which really disappointed me as it looked good but had no flavor-- it was dry also. Asked for some marinade but that didn't help in the flavor dept. Another ten minutes after we finished the appetizer the sandwich came-- the bread was toasted on only one side which resulted in the other side being soggy. It tasted ok but soggy -so if you like soggy this is fine place for you because the bartender admitted that is how they prepare the sandwich. The onion rings I had were barely warm which makes me think the order had been sitting too long. $15 for each sandwhich plus $15 for the ahi -- with tax $48 for a marginal meal. We won't be back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Folsom, California, United States
“After Being Seated we Sat for 20 Minutes!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Superior Service at a place like Chops - where you are buying a $35 Filet is paramount. In our case it was non-existent. I kid you not, the hostess sat us and there we sat. When the waterboy came by to fill our glasses a second time we asked him if there was a server assigned to our table. Once we finally had someone, to her credit the service was solid.

Follow that up with a situation mentioned in other reviews. We ordered an item, in this cake crab cakes, and were then informed they were out. At 7pm on a Saturday night? Seriously? The ahi poke we ordered instead was average at best.

The highlight was the wine (2009 BV Tapestry) and the Filets (well-cooked) but the damage had been done. A $200+ dinner for two should not have gaffes like this.

I don't anticipate being back any time soon. Too many other better options.

• Visited November 2013