“Great Hotel, My home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Folsom
Beersheba, Israel
“Great Hotel, My home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I travel a lot on business, I come to the USA about 4 or 5 times a year and most of those trips are to Folsom. I always stay at this hotel. The service is great, the staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and well maintained and the fitness center is "just right", The staff at breakfast are fiendly and helpfull. The breakfast area is being rennovated at the moment but that didn't make any difference, I still got great service as ususal and there is a ghood variety of food. Outside there is plenty of parking space and there a lots of restaurants nearby. In short, when I'm away on business this is my home away from home and it is always a pleasure to stay here

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but the ones taht do not face East Bidwell street are quieter
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We went up in September for a wedding and had blocked 10 rooms. The front desk was excellent in the coordination of all the rooms and very hospitable. The rooms were clean and neat although you could hear people walking above you at any time. The jacuzzi was nice and always full of people to talk to. They had set up a little bar in the lobby (Fats is the only other place to go for a drink) but they only served beer and wine (Bevmo is next door). My overall rating for this hotel is low because of the wait staff at the breakfast lounge. The breakfast that is included with the room has both buffet style and menu ordering as well as make your own waffles and such. Opened form 6am to 11am we usually got there at 9:30am. for three days we found no fresh coffee, eggs or bread. When we asked for food the waiter rolled his eyes, made snarky comments and did us the huge favor of getting us food. At one point I asked for butter and I followed him over to the kitchen door where he stuck his head in and asked for butter...then cussed me out in Spanish to the cook...did I mention I'm Cuban and speak Spanish fluently? I didn't respond to him at the time...I figured I would save it for TRIPADVISOR forums!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor to avoid foot traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011 via mobile

Ok, so the stars aligned for our stay: I had a free night Fri with my Marriot points and priceline got Sat night for only $50.. easy to consolidate the stays without checking out and back in. Service was excellent, the lobby inviting, indoor pool and spa in working order and location convenient to everything in the area .

• Stayed October 2011
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

This hotel is perfect for a business or family stay. Its located within walking distance of many restaurants and outdoor shopping. Its newer so its automatically clean and well kept. Nice little gym, indoor pool/spa, and a bar downstairs. No free happy hour so I found myself having a drink at a restaurant named Fats next door. Its a chinese fusion place that has a pretty good menu. I recommend it.

Room Tip: I like rooms away from the elevator so I had a nice end room. Ask for it!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
La Jolla, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I actually was there to attend a lampworking class in Cameron Park and stayed at the Marriott because it seemed to be the closest chain. The manager and all the staff were always full of smiles and quite helpful. Clean!!!! How wonderful to find a hotel that was so clean! It is small and perfect! I am planning to attend more classes in Cameron Park and there is no doubt that I will again stay here!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be great...I stayed on the freeway side, but didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights and it was nice. The room is very nice. The bed isn't the most comfortable. It's a little too hard. However, the room was very clean. We even checked for bed bugs and didn't find any. I was a little bugged at first because they put us right by the elevator but it didn't bother me at all. We were a little bothered that the breakfast is not complimentary, and a little pricey. However, we were happy with the service overall. Everyone was very kind an helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

My stay here was a positive experience. The property delivers on the Courtyard promise . . . pretty much what you would expect from a Courtyard in a modern, newer, suburban area . . . clean, quiet, comfortable, safe, modern. Nice fitness room. All your typical suburban chain restaurants are nearby, including In and Out Burger across the street. One minor complaint would be that they still do not feature flat screen TVs. If you're traveling there, you probably know this, but in any case, just beware that Folsom is pretty far to the east of Sacramento.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento - Folsom? Share your experiences!