“Would have liked some peace and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Folsom
Atwater, California
“Would have liked some peace and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We love Marriott properties and try to stay at them most of the time. This Residence Inn was well located near restaurants and shopping. We were worried about road noise but the only noise was from within. Thin walls, so much so that we could hear the conversation in the room next door or the barking dog down the hallway. Disappointing for a Marriott. Customer service from the front desk was excellent allowing for an early check in and bags of ice for our cool chest. Breakfast was average. Unfortunately the woman keeping the food stocked was not very friendly. Don't dare mention you would like an item where the serving tray was sitting empty. Maybe she could use a little help. Again disappointing for a Marriott.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Garen Z, General Manager at Residence Inn Sacramento Folsom, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. . We take these comments very seriously and a hotel that accepts pet sometimes you have unhappy pets. We make sure that we get every owners phone numbers so that if we get a complaint from another guests we can call them and have the situation taken care of immediately. I'm sorry that we didn't get this cleared up faster.

GAREN ZOLL
Residence Inn Folsom
garen.zoll@pillarhotels.com
916-983-7289

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bedminster, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We just completed a 4 night stay for our rowing team at the Folsom Residence Inn and all 21 families couldn't have been happier! The rooms worked well, the location couldn't have been better and the staff was outstanding. Adam, Negar, Alicia and Rhiannon (under the guidance of Manager Richard and GM Garen) couldn't have been more pleasant to work with! Lisa, who handled our breakfast and evening snacks was also outstanding. We had our children, who are high school athletes, with us and they can eat like there is no tomorrow and Lisa made sure there was never an empty serving tray- not an easy task when our kids ate. There were also other rowing teams there as well, so she had her work cut out for her. Always a smile and a wish of good luck for our kids! We seemed to take control of the fire pit most days, as well as the indoor pool and the sports court- all fun for kids who had lots of time to kill between races. The location was perfect- a Whole Foods across the street, as well as many fun restaurants and a theater with 16 screens! REI, Best Buy, etc.- left something home, no worries here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have stayed here multiple times starting in August 2008 up to May 2014. Love the room layout, The rooms have separate bedrooms and baths, Last visit we stayed in a two bedroom.The rooms have a full kitchen even a dishwasher. Living room also with a pull out bed. Nice to have bedrooms to go to for privacy if needed. Hotel is located within walking distance of stores and restaurants. Close to major roads also. Free breakfast every morning with eggs, fruit, cereal, etc something for everyone and always free coffee and tea. Also a laundromat. I have family in this area and have tried other hotels but this is always my first choice. About one hour from Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Spent approx 50 days at this facility awaiting completion of my home and the experience was as good as it could be. The room was spacious, clean and the staff provided competent and caring service. Rates were very reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We had a one bedroom suite for 2 weekend nights during my son's regatta. It was my husband and youngest son and myself. The room, though small, was decent for what it was and what we paid. The hotel is BASIC and I mean BASIC. A small pool and a very basic breakfast each morning were the highlights. Spotty internet at times and an uncomfortable and small bed (i swear it was a double not a queen.) The WORST part? ZERO maid service. We left at 6:30 am on Saturday and placed the weird magnet door thing requesting maid service. We returned 12 hrs later to an unserviced room. I stay in a lot of hotels and this is the first time I've ever not had my room cleaned by the evening. After sitting in the baking Folsom sun all day long we finally returned to an uncleaned room when all we wanted was to take showers and order in. Instead we had no fresh towels so I had to track some down and then after another 30 min or so we got a knock on the door asking if we wanted maid service. Ummmm NO! I didn't feel like being in the room while she cleaned. It's awkward and and I just wanted to relax. The room wasn't messy but I wanted to have it in order again when we got back and I wanted clean towels. It's not a lot to ask for.
The female front desk staff were very polite and helpful. They were professional in appearance and attitude. The staff helping out at the breakfast buffet were quick to refill empty items and clean off tables. They were kind and offered to clear away our plates while we finished our coffee and I thought that was very considerate and a nice touch.

Room Tip: We stayed with a small child who could sleep on the couch without pulling it out which was a big plu...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Tehachapi, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I was in town for a week for business. I like staying at the Residence Inn because they have 1-2 bdrm suites. For long stays, that's nice because you don't feel cramped in a room, it's more like an apartment (the bed was very comfy). The hot breakfast was nice (slight variation each day) as well as the other amenities. The fitness room is tiny but had what I needed. I didn't use the pool so I can't comment on that. The staff was very nice and friendly. They also have a hotel social 3x a week. It's more like a light dinner, depending on the night. I did wish that their social served beer/wine (some Marriott's do have that). I could've used some wine after my training, lol. It's also walking distance to shops and restaurants.

One clerk even helped me out. Just the previous day we were discussing cabs (I was at a different hotel than my colleagues and I didn't have transportation outside of our training). It just so happened that I missed the last bus from the outlets back to the hotel and it was almost dark. I called the hotel and that same clerk was working. She called the cab driver and he was there in a matter of minutes.

I'd say the only real con was that the internet was slow.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel during my recent business travel. The room is clean and spacious. The hotel has indoor swimming pool and gym which are good for unwind after a day of hard work. However, when the hotel is nearly at its full occupancy, the internet service is very bad. I can't login most of the time making me counter productive at the hotel. The hotel should upgrade the internet bandwidth if the number of occupants reach it maximum number of users it could support.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to family and friends who are at folsom for leisure but for business purpose due to the internet issues I had.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are near to the laundry room. It could be convenient for long stay guests.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Folsom
Larkspur Landing Folsom
Lake Natoma Inn
Lake Natoma Inn
#7 of 10 in Folsom
3.5 of 5 stars 143 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Sacramento Folsom? Share your experiences!