“Great Chips” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Sacramento, California
“Great Chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Loved the Chips but the Salsa could have been a little hotter for my taste. I loved how thick it was. Stayed on the chips. I had a FajitaSalad and it was delicious! I love the newness of this restaurant. Clean and comfy.

Visited December 2013

Northern California
“Horrible Daily Special and the Worst Margarita Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I ordered the pork fajitas, which was the special of the night. I never order the special because I know that it is the chef trying to use up old ingredients, and this was NO exception.

The pork did not taste like pork or anything for that matter--not seasoned properly. It was very tough and full of fat. My husband said his margarita was the worst he had ever had, and at 63 yrs old, he has had a few!

My rice was ice cold; beans were lukewarm.

The service wasn't bad but not great either.

We sat near the door in the bar area, which was another mistake as a large group were smoking cigars on the front steps of the restaurant; consequently every time the door opened the delightful aroma of cigar and cigarette smoke came it.

Not a great experience, and I don't know that I'll go back (we live 2 miles away). Mexquite is too expensive for what you get!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Food & Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Two for lunch and we enjoyed it very much. We had heard good things about this restaurant so we tried it. Sat outside on a nice patio. The chips and salsa were very good, the margarita's great as they were all fresh with no fillers. We both ordered the chicken fajita salad with the cilantro dressing and loved it. We ended up dipping chips in the dressing and got the recipe from our very nice server. Salads were nine dollars and the drinks eight dollars each which we thought were reasonable. The outdoor setting would be very nice in the evening. We will be going back on our next visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CA
“Good Mexican food, prices a smidge high”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Host dinner for a large group(~20). Good selection of beers(including by the pitcher) and lots of tequila options. The food is good, but not extraordinary, comparable to a lots of other Mexican restaurants in the Folsom area (Casa Ramos, Rosa Blanca, etc.). The guacamole is excellent, and very good chips and salsa. Daily dinner specials during the week are a very good deal at $10, but otherwise I'd say the entree prices are a couple $'s higher than other similar places. It's a casual restaurant, but slightly upscale from than the other Mexican places around, which is probably why the prices are slightly higher. The menu is online.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Folsom, California, United States
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had an unfortunate run in with one of the waiters. We produced a coupon and after thorough inspection tableside, he said he needed to go speak with his manager. Upon return he tells us that they do not accept coupons on the weekend (this was Sat afternoon). I pointed out the coupon did not have any restrictions. He proceeded to tell me that they had enough business on the weekends so they didn't need to accept coupons--but he would this one time. We have never returned.