“Sergio's Steak and Seafood Folsom” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 223 Restaurants in Folsom
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Sergio's Steak & Seafood is Chef Sergio Mirabelli's newest restaurant. His cuisine is Traditional Italian with accent on rustic meats and seafoods in addition to pasta, of course! In business since 1995, he now brings his newest location to Folsom, Ca.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Sergio's Steak and Seafood Folsom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We've been looking for a great Italian restaurant in the area. I think we finally found it! We had dinner at Sergio's on New Year’s Eve! When we arrived we were warmly welcomed by Nick who offered us a sample of his house wine while we waited for a table. We were seated in a quiet location in the dining room where we could actually have a conversation (unlike when run by the previous tenants). Our waiter, Daniel, was very knowledgeable about the menu, wine selections and the long list of specials. A small loaf of fresh baked bread was on the table - made daily on site. We both had the Caesar Salad (crisp lettuce and very good dressing). I had the lamb dish - done to perfection. My partner had one of specials - cracked crab (a generous amount) with pasta in a garlic sauce. We were both very pleased with our main course choices, the service, and the ambience. Only down side. . .I forgot to pick up my left-overs. We’re looking forward to our next visit – so many items on the menu we want to try.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fair Oaks, CA
“Old School Italian Charm, Service & Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Far from the malls and the crowds, Sergio's offers a real surprise to those looking to enjoy a "throwback" to the small Italian restaurant experience they enjoyed before all the big chains came along (not that some of them aren't enjoyable). At Sergio's, expect the sort of welcome you remember when you visited a small family Italian restaurant, the personal service and then the sumptuous generously proportioned servings of delicious Italian fare. It's all there and in the 6 or so times I've ventured to this off the beaten track locale, I've been extraordinarily pleased with every facet of the experience. Dined there in Nov 2012, and the fish dish (Chilean Sea Bass) was perfect in a delicious sauce that complimented it perfectly. One of our party enjoyed a linguine pasta heaped with seafood and a rich sauce (a la cioppino) that was utterly delicious and beyond his usually huge capacity to finish (but made for super leftovers the next day). Recommend Sergio's without reservation - fine wines to compliment as well as reasonable prices. They don't take reservations but I've been given glasses of wine while I wait -- more of that family treatment I discussed.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Folsom, California
“Flavor of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family and I have been going to Sergios since they first opened 2 yrs ago in Folsom. It is a small, but comfortable restaurant with a welcome included at the door. If there is wait for a table you can enjoy a glass of wine on the house. Sergio serves fine Italian food, very much like the food my own mother used to make. The menu includes seafood and beef along with pasta specialties.
You are sure to enjoy the ambiance of the restaurant, along with great food, good wines and a wonderful array of desserts.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
El Dorado Hills, CA
“Great Local Italian Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Super Italian restaurant specializing in steak and seafood. The steaks are perfect and the seafood is fresh. The osso buco is the best that I have had. Tender and flavorful - perfect. Nice wine selection. They even offered to allow us to taste before we purchased - nice touch. The staff is friendly and tons of fun. Stefano is the best! They only take reservations for large parties and they have free corkage on weeknights.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sacramento, CA
“Excellent food, good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I took a friend's recommendation and ate at Sergio's in Folsom last night. We were there earlier than usual for us, arriving at 5:30. We had no trouble getting seated, but the restaurant was full by the time we were served our salads. My wife ordered the Mahi Mahi and I had the scallops. Both entree's came with a choice of the soup of the day or one of several salads. The salads were served on cold plates and were excellent. Both entrees came with nicely prepared mashed potatoes and a side of vegetables, and were very good. Our waiter was Homero who was both entertaining and quite helpful with the menu. He recommended a bottle of Central Coast (California) red that went very well with our main courses. We did not order desserts, but the choices of about six desserts all looked excellent. Maybe next time for the dessert, which will likely be fairly soon. We liked the restaurant on all counts.

• Visited November 2012