I was going here to take a little time away from home with my girlfriend. I am from the area the hotel is and at first impression the hotel doesn't look too impressive. I pass by it a lot of the time and just shrug it off. But little did I know that THAT wasn't the front of the hotel. The hotel is cleverly placed so the front of the hotel is in the back to give the feeling of being secluded in the hills of El Dorado Hills. I was surprised as we rounded the corner to see the beautiful front.
Now the placement, in terms of what to do around the hotel, isn't too much, unless you love shopping. There is the fabulous Folsom Outlets (which the hotel has a "Shop 'n Stay" deal which gives you discounts to the Outlets), a theater, the Broadstone shopping center isn't too far away, plenty of food, and a fun little Color Me Mine that you can lose yourself for a whole day in. At least I did.
I booked the place for about... $75 a night? Not bad for the quality, since each room seems to come with a kitchen (with silverware and plates), flat screen tv, and some of the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen. Makes me want to redecorate my own home in the same way! I've stayed at other hotels (some in Las Vegas, like the Venetian) and found that these rooms top them. Service was personally and friendly, something that made it extremely easy to just chat with the staff and walk away with a smile on my face.
Although... I wish there was more to do other than spending money. But that's just the area. Folsom and the surrounding areas are very fun to explore and see what's there. Old Folsom is a blast too. It isn't too far from Sunrise Mall either. 10-15 minute drive, I believe.
I highly recommend this place, especially if you just need to get away from it all. Fourth floor is fun just to see the view.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Landing Folsom Hotel
- Larkspur Landing Folsom Hotel Folsom
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Larkspur Landing Hotel in Folsom, California is conveniently located off of Highway 50 and provides quick and easy access to the city of Sacramento; serving as the perfect stopping point for travelers headed to South Lake Tahoe. This Folsom Lodging destination is only a mile from the offices of companies such as Verizon Wireless, Intel, Sierra Nevada Corporation and California I-S-O. Larkspur has designed one of the top Folsom Hotels using the warm and inviting craftsman-style creating an ideal atmosphere for every kind of traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Larkspur Landing Folsom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.