“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   121 Iron Point Road, Folsom, CA 95630   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Folsom
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

The hotel was clean, comfortable, and an excellent value. We stayed there for two nights and could not have asked for more. The continental breakfast, while not huge, had enough variety to make a decent meal. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sonoma, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I attended my 20 year high school reunion just a few miles away and were looking to stay nearby. This hotel had good reviews so we thought we would give it a try. We were quite pleased at how comfortable it was. They think of everything! There was microwave popcorn, dish soap, soap for the dishwasher, microwave, fridge, nice bathroom with quality soaps, comfy bed, nice flatscreen tv, desk with 2 chairs, and a great continental breakfast (which we took full advantage of after a long weekend of partying!) We kept saying how great this would be if we had our kids with us! Though it was quite relaxing without them! We will definitely look for other Larkspur Landing hotels in our future travels!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

Larkspur Landing in Folsom, CA was a very nice place to stay, Rooms were quite large and definatly a plus to have a kitchen with a microwave and fridge.

Staff was always very pleasant and would call you by name, This is my favoriate place to stay when traveling for work to Northern CA.

They do provide a free pass to local gym which is a big plus, only drawback would like to see a pool but, definatly doen't keep me from staying there.

Great hotel with large clean modern rooms.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Though the location in a small shopping mall seemed odd to me, the hotel itself is set apart and quiet. Lovely, spacious suite-style rooms and a nice breakfast/lounge area. Not enough staff to help me with some schlepping of a few boxes of material for my business presentation, but other than that, very much enjoyed the stay. Not far from historic areas of Folsom including some nice restaurants.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
San Ramon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to Tahoe. We were celebrating our anniversary. I made the reservation through the hotel's web-site and under "comments" noted that it was our anniversary. When we checked in, we were THRILLED to find that we had received a complimentary upgrade to a one bedroom suite. Sitting on the kitchen counter was a bottle of Martinelli's Apple Cider with a card from the hotel wishing us a happy anniversary. I LOVE this hotel chain! This was my second time at this location and I have stayed at the Sacremento location over a handfull of times. You check in and are greeted with warm cookies at the front desk. You can check out DVDs for free at the front desk and watch them on your flat screen tv in your huge room while drinking your complimentary hot chocolate and eating your complimentary popcorn. I have done alot of traveling in my time (I used to be a travel agent) and they have by far the best toiletries and one of the most comfortable beds ever. The complimentary continental breakfast is by far the best that I have ever had. They have a small fitness center, they have a hot tub, they have an outside barbeque area if you want to BBQ. They have at your door a complimentary newspaper in the morning. Complimentary coffees, teas, apple cider in the lobby. What more can I say. There is not one CON to this place! The PROs go on and on!

• Liked — Rooms are huge
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

I wanted to stay close to my friend in Folsom, but at decent hotel. Since the Larkspur had great ratings, I decided to check it out. It definitely met our needs. They have a little kitchen so this would be ideal for families or people who don't want to eat out all the time. It is also located in a fantastic area next to the theaters, eateries and the premium outlets. Staff was wonderful and the complementary breakfast was good. My bed wasn't that comfortable, it dipped in heavily in the center, but other than that...it was an overall good stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bed
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

The staff at the front desk in the evening seems to like to invite their high school or college friends over to hang out at night. They hang out in the lobby and in the hallways outside the guest rooms. That makes for a very uncomfortable experience.

Other than the poor level of service from the staff, the hotel offered a decent experience.

• Liked — room size
  • Disliked — rude staff
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
FoslomManager, Front Office Manager at Larkspur Landing Folsom, responded to this review, April 11, 2008
The Larkspur Landing Hotel in Folsom, would like to thank everyone for their reviews on our service, facilities and staff. We use your reviews as a means to improve and keep our staff and management informed on how well we are meeting the needs of our guests.

We are truly sorry if the group congregated in the lobby diverted our attention from others. We would like to mention, that the group in the lobby did not consist of our team member's personal friends. They were an extended stay group working with a local company we often do business with. While we do develop personal relationships with our guests, especially long-term guests, there is no reason why they should receive more of our time than any other guest. We would like to apologize if our team member's time was unfairly allotted.

Our team is relentlessly striving to exceed the expectations of our all of our hotel guests. We always appreciate any additional information on what would make our future hotel guests' stays even more enjoyable and better than expected.

If there is anything we can do to improve our guests' stay, please don't hesitate to contact our hotel directly and ask to speak with a member of the management team.

Been to Larkspur Landing Folsom? Share your experiences!