“Still a great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Folsom
Burlington, Washington
“Still a great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stayed there for three nights recently while in Folsom on business. I've stayed at both the Sacramento and Folsom Larkspur before and I really like this property. Price just like others fluctuates seasonally and it's a great value during the off season. It's clean and quiet with a very comfortable room and bed. I opted for the Studio King since I'm not in the room a lot during the day. My only complaint and it's a weak one at that, is the continental breakfast is pretty minimal. It offers your typical cereals, bagels, and fresh waffles, but it would be nice if expanded it to eggs (besides hardboiled) biscuits/gravy, and sausage like other hotels offer. Great place to stay if you're in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Made reservations without knowing this place. Checked in for 3 nights . It was just perfect. Spacious one bedroom SUITE with king bed plus living room , work desk, free Wi-Fi and with large flat screen TV. Fully equipped kitchen which even had a dishwasher! Location was great too. Did some X-Mas shopping at the great outlet mall across the street. Hotel was clean, staff very friendly and more than ample continental breakfast included breads, pastries, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, juices and fresh fruits. We may even return for a long term stay as we are house hunting in the El Dorado Hills area. Pillows were a bit big and fluffy for us but comfy.

Room Tip: Ask for multi night discount. Our rate of $125 pn included breakfast. Ask for top floor so nobody is...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is a nice little hotel tucked in a nook behind Chili's. I reserved a basic room and it had many amenities tucked into an average size room. There is a full bath (not really big enough for 2 people to be in at the same time). Full kitchen including toaster, coffee maker and dishwasher. Desk/dining table with sitting chair and ottoman and a queen size bed. It is clean, the breakfast was light (no hot items unless you toast bread/bagel or a waffle), and the people were friendly. The only thing I would have liked was more drawer space. At least more than 3 small drawers when 2 adults have clothes to cover a 6 day trip. The spa did not get used because there is an "off-putting" sign up on the gate that would tend to discourage using it due to what must have been prior "bacterial issues."

Room Tip: I think I would have preferred a larger suite than the basic. Higher floor was nice, but it was nea...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sparks, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here because I was doing the CIM and this was one of the selected hotels that supported the race. It was an excellent choice. This hotel provided us a shuttle bus to the race start. Hotel and staff were great, and the check-in was quick and easy we were even asked which floor we would like our room on. The room was the right size and it was warm an cozy. Complimentary breakfast was a real bonus as well. I wish we could have stayed here another night. Will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgan Hill, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just stayed at Larkspur Landing this past weekend & loved the property because it was very clean, loaded with amenities & pet-friendly. We had a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchen that came in handy during our stay. My son just completed a local 50 mile marathon in the area so healthy eating was crucial during our 2 night stay. We took our own food that was stored in the full-size refrigerator & cooked on the electric 2-burner stove & microwave. The fully stocked kitchen provided all the cookware, stoneware & eating utensils. The complimentary breakfast with fresh fruits, juices, bagels, cereals & milk were sufficient for our early morning meals with ample seating room. We had no problem finding parking close by hotel entrance & used luggage carts supplied by hotel to haul all our groceries, bottled water & luggage inside from car. Reception staff was very polite & professional. Rooms were exceptionally clean including the bathtub/shower. The $75.00 non-refundable deposit for dogs is certainly reasonable so kudos to the hotel chain for accommodating pets. Location was easy to reach from the highway & close to public transit, theaters, restaurants & outlet mall. Suites here are definitely better than staying in 1 room hotels. Would stay there again if I'm ever in the Folsom area.

Room Tip: Front Desk Staff provide hotel guests traveling with pets a sticker to place on your front door that...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I came to Folsom-I had a job interview. Instead of staying at the recommended hotel,I chose Larkspur Landing instead,and I'm glad I did.The check in process was fast and friendly and the room was excellent.The entire facility is done in Arts & Crafts decor,which we like,and each room is a mini-suite,which is to say,it has a kitchen. The bed wss exceptionally comfortable,and the towels were wonderful (a lot of more expensive places lose points on thin towels). Two minutes walking takes you to a nice movie theater, and/or to any of several restaurants.5 minutes walking and you are across the street at a major outlet shopping center.What's not to love about this place?

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Reedley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

After looking at their website, I decided to stay at Larkspur Landing. After calling to see about an early check-in, I was convinced it was a great place to stay. The person with whom I spoke was courteous, helpful, and very friendly.

When I arrived, I was concerned because I hadn't realized it was in the same parking lot as the movie theater and it was behind a Taco Bell. But, there was a nice driveway that led me around in to a cozy corner. It was set aside, and from that angle, there was nothing else around. The staff at the front desk was friendly, polite, and helpful with information about things to do and places to eat in Folsom.

The hotel is well-appointed with a beautiful earth color scheme. We stayed in a queen studio suite, which included a full kitchen (well, everything you would need except for an oven). The hotel breakfast is an upgraded spread for a continental, featuring a variety of breakfast breads (bagels, bread, toaster waffles, muffins), beverages (milk, soy milk!, juices), fruit, and cereal.

Larkspur Landing seems to have become my hotel for Folsom. I only wish I could have stayed longer to utilize the kitchen.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Larkspur Landing Folsom? Share your experiences!