We have stayed here more than a dozen times for holiday seasons in the past years. What draws us back here year after year is its close proximity to the outlet mall (convenient for Christmas holiday) and the spacious one-bedroom executive suite.
However, this hotel is getting worse over the years with our latest experience an extremely unpleasant one. Having learned from our previous lesson with their poorly designed webiste that only let you reserve one room at a time which would risk our rooms being separated, I called their front desk directly this time and requested the rooms be close to each other. When we called to reserve two weeks ahead of our stay we were told they had five executive rooms available and would do their best to give us the rooms close to one another. As they have groups of four and two of these executive suites together on each floor, we did not think it would be a big problem to arrange this.
The end result showed absolutely no indication they put in any effort on this. Not only we got two executive suites far apart in two separate wings of the hotel, one of them is an accessible room (which we did not want) where the bedroom is right next to the elevators! We had the pleasure of listening to the very loud elevator motors all day long and could not sleep well at all during our entire stay.
The breakfast was poor with a lot fewer selections now and the internet was very slow. They advertise complimentary high speed internet, but the fact is they now charge you if you want the "premium" faster speed. They now charge $1.50 for each small bottle of water. Their prices are not as competitive as Hampton Inn and Suites and they seem to nickle and dime everything they provide. VERY DISAPPOINTING, we will not return here again.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Landing Folsom Hotel
- Larkspur Landing Folsom Hotel Folsom
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Larkspur Landing Hotel in Folsom, California is conveniently located off of Highway 50 and provides quick and easy access to the city of Sacramento; serving as the perfect stopping point for travelers headed to South Lake Tahoe. This Folsom Lodging destination is only a mile from the offices of companies such as Verizon Wireless, Intel, Sierra Nevada Corporation and California I-S-O. Larkspur has designed one of the top Folsom Hotels using the warm and inviting craftsman-style creating an ideal atmosphere for every kind of traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Larkspur Landing Folsom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.