Positive points: food generally was very good, both breakfast and dinner. Car park and external area were fine. The waiting staff, in particular "Forest" and "Emily"" were excellent.
Pool area general was quite good, but a child did slip when I was there, as the ground was quite sloppy.
1. it is a wooden building, which may suit the environment, but we could hear our neighbours too much, in particular those above us, also in the corridors.
2. The Welcome. We ( believe it or not) stood at reception, at the front if the line, for a full 2 or 3 minutes before we were even acknowledged, but reception was actually staffed at the time. We were greeted by a less than friendly female member of staff, who I will not name, as I blame it on the training or staff selection.
3. The noise.......again...........as above, a wooden structure and a busy hotel, will lead to noisy places.
4. Other staff. We met some staff that were absolutely fantastic, but others were clearly not trained at all. I actually held the door open for a member of staff that was carrying ,luggage for another guest and he didn't even thank me for holding the door one for him. Thankfully, the hotel guests did thank me and actually apologised on his behalf.
5 MANAGEMENT. At all times throughout our stay, there was no visible presence of management or leadership at all. At the same time, there were members of staff talking to their collars with ear pieces, like the CIA.......I began to wonder if I was at a UN convention, or a holiday. Very sad indeed.
6. LOCATION. Yes, this hotel is near the redwood trees, that are totally super, however the main attractions of Yosemite are best experienced from the other entrances. Do your research, unlike us........the other hotels are generally better regarded too, albeit perhaps more expensive.
7. Overall, I am sorry that I spend approximately $1,500 for just 3 nights in what has proven to be a Very poor hotel, in terms of blue for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 48 acres in the southern High Sierra and just 2 miles from Yosemite, the Four-Diamond Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite offers easy access to all of Yosemite’s most alluring attractions and all the amenities expected from a luxury resort property. Tenaya boasts comfortable and spacious accommodations, Ascent – a luxurious 10,000 sq.foot spa, steam room, sauna, fitness room, three pools, five dining options, all-season recreation and a full-service concierge to help you plan your getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tenaya Lodge At Yosemite Hotel Fish Camp
- Tenaya Hotel Fish Camp
- Tenaya Hotel At Yosemite
- Tenaya Lodge Yosemite
- Yosemite Tenaya Lodge