“Very nice resort” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Mundelein, Illinois
“Very nice resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one evening. I was in town for a conference that was being held at this resort. It was a very expensive room, so normally we would not have been able to stay there, but work was helping to pay for part of the trip. It was a very nice resort overall, the rooms and grounds were very nice. The workout room was down in the basement level where the spa is located- the WR was very nice with good equipment. I didn't go to the spa, but it did look nice from the outside. We ate at the Sierra restaurant. It was OK, I wish I could rave about it but the food was just OK for what we paid. If I was back in this area I would consider staying at the Tenaya Lodge again. As I mentioned, it was a little cost prohibitive for us but I am sure many ppl enjoy to splurge on lodging. It really was a very nice lodge.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
Waterbury, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I don't usually write reviews but felt compelled to this time. After the recent Government Shutdown we were excited to actually be able to experience Yosemite and stay at the Tenaya Lodge. However, the overall knowledge and front desk service of this Lodge is horrible. Not only did they provide wrong information regarding guests having to purchase or rent tire chains.. that's right... tire chains.. what? So, we were originally told we need to buy or rent tire chains. Turns out this was not even true... what a strange topic to have to try and think about on our vacation. Then when I called to book the stay I was never sent a confirmation email... not too bad.. I just called back the next day and was sent an email. However, it wasn't until arrival that I was completely blown away by the horrible front desk service. I have never experienced such rude staff. The young woman (that wears a flower headband) and was horrific in dealing with should be fired. I am all for giving people the benefit of the doubt but seriously after working in HR this was beyond acceptable. She was snotty, rude and had no tact. I was hoping to treat my mother in-law to a nice spa day... this should have been included with our 3 night cottage rate (well over $300 a night)... this was being advertised online and when I made the reservation over the phone this should have been added. I could rant and rave about this but the end result was that the front desk was terrible... and the only good thing at the Tenaya Lodge was the friendly staff in the Sierra restaurant. Thank you Jordan and Megan (with the young 1 year old son) you were very friendly and we thank you for such a nice conversation! And the food was terrific at the lodge... this is what saved the stay... so, hopefully the Tenaya Lodge is paying their staff in the kitchen and waitstaff well... that's my experience... Hopefully, Tenaya Lodge will consider hiring folks with better experience at the front desk!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TenayaLodge, Public Relations Manager at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thanks for your feedback, Ashley. As a Four Diamond-rated resort, Tenaya Lodge prides itself on an exceptional guest experience, and we are disappointed to hear you felt you did not receive exemplary service. We appreciate your comments and your thoughts have been passed along.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed here for two nights during a ten day road trip around California.
This hotel despite negative reviews by others was very good.
Large room with a very comfortable bed, very friendly helpful staff , free parking and within easy reach of Yosemite Park. We had a lovely stay here

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I recently spent 2 nights in this beautiful hotel. It is set in a stunning location which is about 2 miles from park entrance but over an hours drive to the valley floor. We had a delux double room which was spacious and very comfortable. It had a fridge and safe. Limited free Internet access. Lovely indoor pool which I made use of. Breakfast buffet was excellent and good value. Ate in bar which was poor but sierras restaurant was lovely. We had a snow dump of 8 inches which was beautiful but meant Glacier point and Tioga road were both closed.

• Stayed October 2013
Minden, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had a lovely experience at Tenaya Lodge. Having booked a cottage room, we settled in and the room was nice and very functional. Later that evening a leak started from the ceiling, because of things done by the people upstairs. After a call to the front desk, within ten minutes a gentleman by the name of Zack appeared. He decided that we should move to another room, and with a minimum of prodding, arranged an upgrade to a cottage suite. Well done. The stay was even more enhanced by a terrific snowfall, so we spend two days in a winter wonderland. Thanks for the swift service. The restaurant had great food at reasonable prices, and a fine ambiance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your feedback, Eagleone1776. We’re so glad you had a comfortable stay at our cottages and appreciate your kind words for Zack. Pleased you were able to experience a winter wonderland! : )
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

After reading some of the negative reviews of this property, I wondered what I was getting myself into when I booked a stay. But it turned out to be fine, despite the eight or so inches of snow at the end of October (I drive a Subaru which helped). The room I stayed in appeared to have been recently updated. The staff we interacted with were friendly. My only caveat is that the drive to Yosemite Village is at least an hour, and would certainly be longer in the summer, especially if you got behind someone towing a trailer. There is a 26 mile section of the road with no passing....

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed for just one night in June this year. We had one of the lodges out in the woods and I have to say that it was very comfortable, nicely decorated and had everything you could need. We had a lovely meal at the restaurant that night but the crowning glory of our stay was breakfast! They had everything you could want, cereals, hot cooked breakfast, cakes, fruit, yoghurts and lots more. I was impressed. You were allocated a server and she saw to your every need. The staff were great, polite and curteous at all times. We will definately stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: The lodges in the woods are comfortable with nice decor.