“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Ireland
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I recently spent 2 nights in this beautiful hotel. It is set in a stunning location which is about 2 miles from park entrance but over an hours drive to the valley floor. We had a delux double room which was spacious and very comfortable. It had a fridge and safe. Limited free Internet access. Lovely indoor pool which I made use of. Breakfast buffet was excellent and good value. Ate in bar which was poor but sierras restaurant was lovely. We had a snow dump of 8 inches which was beautiful but meant Glacier point and Tioga road were both closed.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Minden, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had a lovely experience at Tenaya Lodge. Having booked a cottage room, we settled in and the room was nice and very functional. Later that evening a leak started from the ceiling, because of things done by the people upstairs. After a call to the front desk, within ten minutes a gentleman by the name of Zack appeared. He decided that we should move to another room, and with a minimum of prodding, arranged an upgrade to a cottage suite. Well done. The stay was even more enhanced by a terrific snowfall, so we spend two days in a winter wonderland. Thanks for the swift service. The restaurant had great food at reasonable prices, and a fine ambiance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TenayaLodge, Public Relations Manager at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thanks for your feedback, Eagleone1776. We’re so glad you had a comfortable stay at our cottages and appreciate your kind words for Zack. Pleased you were able to experience a winter wonderland! : )
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

After reading some of the negative reviews of this property, I wondered what I was getting myself into when I booked a stay. But it turned out to be fine, despite the eight or so inches of snow at the end of October (I drive a Subaru which helped). The room I stayed in appeared to have been recently updated. The staff we interacted with were friendly. My only caveat is that the drive to Yosemite Village is at least an hour, and would certainly be longer in the summer, especially if you got behind someone towing a trailer. There is a 26 mile section of the road with no passing....

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed for just one night in June this year. We had one of the lodges out in the woods and I have to say that it was very comfortable, nicely decorated and had everything you could need. We had a lovely meal at the restaurant that night but the crowning glory of our stay was breakfast! They had everything you could want, cereals, hot cooked breakfast, cakes, fruit, yoghurts and lots more. I was impressed. You were allocated a server and she saw to your every need. The staff were great, polite and curteous at all times. We will definately stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: The lodges in the woods are comfortable with nice decor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My family of 5 stayed here in September for 3 nights and had a wonderful stay. The rooms were clean and well serviced. We loved the restaurants and pool area. We did the full day tour of the park organised thru the hotel and it was FANTASTIC, well worth the spend. I dont think you could see all the beauty of this place on your own. The only down side was it got a little expensive not having breakfast included. We would return in a heartbeat and stay longer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift and the indoor pool
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Southern New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

For my third stay at this great property, I brought my entire famil of 6, with 4 kids under 13, for the first time. In my opinion, this is the best place to stay tin the Yosemite area. I'm a Starwood member and travel frequently. Famillies will enjoy the balance a this property -- rustic charm of of post and beam "lodgy" feel, with modern amenities, including a recently upgraded pool area with food and bar service. The Southern entrance to the Park and Mariposa Grove are only 5 minutes away. It does take a little work to drive back and forth to the Valley (an hour) and Glacier Point (45 minutes); however, it's worth it. The staff is friendly and the suite we stayed in fit the 6 of us very well. I thought the food was also fairly good and there are several restaurants on site to choose from. The general store on premises is stocked with convenient quick foods as well. I definitely recommend this property for families and we'll return in several years when we are ready to return to Yosemite.

Room Tip: Choose a suite on the first floor to the left wing.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TenayaLodge, Public Relations Manager at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thanks for your feedback, LuvGolfTravel. We always love to see familiar faces at Tenaya, and we appreciate your continued patronage. See you soon!
Staffordshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here with my husband as part of a wider American road trip. Luckily we arrived the day the state parks re-opened so we still got to experience Yosemite.

We had a pretty basic room & the mattress was a little hard for my taste, but I still slept well on it! Although the room was basic it was clean & had all the amenities you'd want.

I used the spa steam & sauna rooms. These were really nice with woman's & men's versions & are complimentary. The ladies side was nicely done with a chill out area too. Although I didn't try any spa treatments.

I also tried the indoor pool. It was ok, but a bit lifeless-could do with a refurb. But, if you had kids they wouldn't notice! It's right next to an arcade too.

The outdoor pool was closed for the season. They lit a huge outdoor fire pit at night which was great & toasty!

We ate in the bar one night, that was very good & not too pricey. We also had the Buffett breakfast 1 morning. The service as the Buffett for drinks & toast was really slow & the hot choices weren't great. I'd go for the 'healthy' Buffett as you get all the fruit, oatmeal, & pastries included in this.

We didn't buy from the deli . We tried on a morning when they pretty much had nothing & we also thought it was expensive. I'd buy elsewhere or in Yosemite itself.

I have to say the concierge was great. She talked us through some plans for Yosemite to get the most from our couple of days.

The hotel was fantastic & a great base to visit Yosemite. The roaring fireplace that you can sit I front of was just what you'd expect to see. I just wish I could've stayed longer!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite? Share your experiences!